Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.0 Problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Customize 2.0 Problems
    So i downloaded customize last week and began to get some themes and what not and POOF! iphone is dead. It just sat there with the apple logo and the loading icon all night. When i woke up i restored it with itunes and had to redo all the stuff ive done (minus customize). Was working fine for the day but i was adding another prog or source to phone (cant remember) and POOF! back to apple logo n loading icon... I called apple and they told me to do a restore and to add it as a new phone to eliminate any corrupt data that may have been saved during backup. I did that and was working ok til the next day... same problem. Called apple again, they said it was a hardware problem so they set up appt at apple store. Went to store got new phone...redid everything... yesterday tried customize again, worked fine for a bit, added some themes, sliders, sounds etc and POOF! iPhone dead again... anyone else have any issues with customize 2.0 beta? Ive done some googlin and found a few posts about it through various sites.
    Is there a way to delete any hidden files/data that may remain on iphone after restore? Am I doing something wrong with customize? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

The key word is BETA,you NEVER know what to expect,caurse its BETA....

Thanks

It's more likely you're just installing too much random crap on your iphone
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It sounds like you're having problems with a lot more than customize since your phone crapped out without installing it. You need to make a very specific installation log of all the programs you put on the phone (in order of installation) so you can see which one is causing problems. I have been using Customize since it's first ALPHA release a couple months ago and have not experienced the problems you are describing.

By the way... you ALWAYS set the phone up as new no matter what to avoid corrupt data conflicts as Apple said. You may also try a different unlock/jailbreak method.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So should i put customize on first and leave that as my only app to see if it crashes again? The stuff i dl is from known sources (as far as i know) i got em from a list on this site.

ok well i did a restore via itunes this morning and jailbroke my phone. Only things i added were those to get customize to work. Was working for a while, i went to change a theme and BAM!! dead again.. im done with this program. Is there any ways to create icons/sliders/etc without this f***ing program?
    Last edited by Fbpsidan; 2008-05-08 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost