Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps not working

Default Apps not working
    Anyone know how to fix this:

I jailbroke with jailbreakme.com, deleted installer because I did not want any other apps on the phone. The I decided to get the nes one. I set up SSH thru independence, downloaded NES and made a folder for the roms. All I get when I run NES is a white screen. Permissions are set to 755 too.

In a smiliar problem, I downloaded Finder 1.0.5 and it works fine, I deleted it and downloaded the last version of Finder (1.0.8 I believe), and all I get when I click on that icon is the Finder interface, no apps listed. Is there something I am doing wrong or am missing something???

One other question I have is that if I do the jailbreakme.com again to get installer back on my phone, will it mess up all the hacks I have done? i.e. service plist, updated icons??? thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need BSD subsystem.

Thanks. Can this just be loaded to the apps, or do you need installer for this? Does this hurt the battery like ssh or no? Also re-using jailbreakme.com - will that reset my mods to some of the plists, icons etc? thanks again!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

yes you do. And also I believe if you went back to appsnapp without restoring ... Nothing would happen

Cause appsnapp patched the tiff exploit it used to install itself. Tough luck :/

bsd doesn't hurt the battery. And yes you can find bsd subsystem packaged for manual install through ssh on this website.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-08 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

so basically I need installer to run bsd? There is no othe way to install installer except for jailbreakme.com? There is an installer 1.1.1 in the downloads section here, but all I get is a blank screen when I try using it - and installer does not need bsd correct? Just exploring my options. Am I to assume that the older finder did not need bsd, hence it still works, but the newest version does, hence it won't work? thanks again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nevermind

Nevermind?