Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3rd party app "KATE" Freezes touch screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3rd party app "KATE" Freezes touch screen
    I installed this app last night cuz it said it had some nice features and a try me out mode, then you gotta pay for it. it installed okay using the new installer app. You then have to run it and apply the version you want and the options. It has a nice calender and dialer functions. etc.
    the calender works but the touch screen is disabled in every other app on the phone. so now I can't even uninstall it. any suggestions??????????

this happened to me with an app before. i looked and looked and couldnt find a thing on how to fix it. try SSHing into it and remove it manually. if not you might have to ...

restore!

theres alot of people suffering from these problems with KATE and i am one of them, Pretty annoying cause i essentially now have a brick which i cant do anything with.
    i have tried connecting with ssh and all i get is an error saying "connection error"

Please please help

ever think of throwing a fresh frimware and rejailbreaking if you think ur phones a brick!!!!!
    DUH!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

kate is not the problem, dock is

SSH killboard too your phone too refresh the springboard afterwards you'll be able too launch applications then go too installer and uninstall dock, and you phone won't freeze anymore, you don't have to restore

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Yes people are framing always Kate, here is a screenshoot of my phone running 1.1.3 with customize 2.0 vWallpaper and many more apps. Just don't install the dock app use xLaunch instead. You can't see the background as there is no way of taking a picture of the video playing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0003.png  
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

No dock, SUID library fix and VOILA no problems with Caterpillar/Kate.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If all were to do reserach, Kate is the new name of Caterpillar, and There have been MANY posts about how to fix this problem, you need killboard installed and remaining somewhere on the springboard, not in a catergory or hidden anywhere, just launch the app and it resprings your device and your good. A little research would have helped you all.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

See These posts and his thread !

Thread !

Post 1

Post 2

I Had this same problem... and fixed it. I will work on writing a guide and hopefully post it tomorrow. I must say it involves a lot of ssh and terminal work... obviously mac only at this time.

can someone on the Kate trial please upload their com.ripdev.kali.plist found in var/mobile/library/preferences for me please?
    Cheers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BrumBrum74 For This Useful Post:

madsbads (2008-05-19)

I am devastated.
    I killed my phone with Kate, nothing is working.
    Going for the reboot!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 19framps View Post
    I am devastated.
    I killed my phone with Kate, nothing is working.
    Going for the reboot!!!!
    WOW! You really don't read do you?
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Lol this program totally killed my iTouch too, when I tried uninstalling it, it bricked my touch. Was stuck on the apple logo with a loading thing in the middle ontop of the apple, had to restore my iTouch and reinstall 5 pages of apps for one app I didn't even need.

Thanks

you dont have to restore, there are ways to uninstall it, however, restoring is the best option. this app is the devil unless you really need the features.

guess its a lesson to read up on apps and press the 'more info' or search the forums before just installing anything.

Default "Kate Freezes Touch Screen"
    I've already got Kate on my Touch and nothings happened (yet.)