Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard crashing my iphone???

Question Summerboard crashing my iphone???
    I updated to 1.1.1 fine w/ a jailbreak. And for some reason when summerboard is installed my iphone will crash constantly! It will go back to the lock screen or sometimes just back out of the app I was in. When I uninstalled it things work great! I can even use other apps without crashing. But the summerboard is screwin it up. Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks,
    Don

I'm having 0 problems with Summerboard. Never had any. I can see a restore in your future.

Reako

Tried that and still crashing, seems to be fine with out it. I really like summerboard too that sucks. :S

Summerboard is definitely having problems on mine.

Calendar, iPod, Mail, Installer, basically anything will crash to the home screen or freeze the app with spinning gear then 'slide to unlock' appears. Just like when Summerboard is restarting. Once I uninstalled it everything seems to be running fine again.

Also, I noticed much choppier transition effects moving in and out of the home screen with Summerboard installed. Frame rate of the zoom animation drops to about half.

have you guys turn off "dim wallpaper"?
    this has been discussed over here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ight=wallpaper

soda

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soda97 For This Useful Post:

Edigusto (2007-11-11), editwizard (2007-11-06)

Hey thanks! I'm trying that now.

Update:
    Maybe that was it. Seems to be fine now... which is nice b/c what's a jailbroken iphone without summerboard?
    Last edited by editwizard; 2007-11-06 at 09:32 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by unrealism View Post
    I updated to 1.1.1 fine w/ a jailbreak. And for some reason when summerboard is installed my iphone will crash constantly! It will go back to the lock screen or sometimes just back out of the app I was in. When I uninstalled it things work great! I can even use other apps without crashing. But the summerboard is screwin it up. Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks,
    Don

Same problem here, i uninstall it and everything is good now

As in the earlier post, install Summerboard again and then try going into SMBPrefs and find the switch that says Dim Wallpaper.

Turn that setting to OFF and see if that fixes the crashes.

Worked for me!

haha no **** it is working so far. I cant believe it was that simple. Thanks everyone. I will keep you updated.

Installer keeps crashing for me. Wasn't sure if there was another thread or not...

But basically, every time I try to install an app via Istall.app, it downloads but when it gets to the Installation stage, Installer closes! any1 know what i'm doing wrong?

Never had that problem myself with Summerboard, however I have with a few apps in the past. Sometimes it is one or the other for me, I either wait and try later, or I power cycle the phone and the first thing I do is try to install a app. I think it was a theme or something I had trouble installing once. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealism View Post
    Never had that problem myself with Summerboard, however I have with a few apps in the past. Sometimes it is one or the other for me, I either wait and try later, or I power cycle the phone and the first thing I do is try to install a app. I think it was a theme or something I had trouble installing once. Hope this helps.
    Well its been a few days, and believe it or not I dont even think my iphone crashed once!!! Thanks everyone!

Default Seems to work
    Quote Originally Posted by soda97 View Post
    have you guys turn off "dim wallpaper"?
    this has been discussed over here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ight=wallpaper

soda

Thanks, Soda! Turned off the dim option and it's been running great so far.