Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ughh kate just screwed up my phone badly...help?

Default Ughh kate just screwed up my phone badly...help?
    hi i just installed the new "featured" application kate onto my 1.1.4 phone(which its designed for) and now whenever i open ANY application it wont allow me to click on ANYTHING....i have so many apps. at the moment that i REALLY REALLY dont want to have to wipe my phone and rejailbreak...please,PLEASE can anyone think of something that could fix this?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Well,eventually its new,and you should wait a day or two before an update,try to uninstall it MANUALLY,if this wont help,restore.

Do you have summerboard installed? If not, install it

im not sure if i have summerboard installed...and i cant Install anything because it made it so i can now not click anything once i open an app. So basically at the moment i cant call anyone,due to the fact that i cant press anyones name when i open up the dialer,or install anything because it wont let me click install...how can i remove this app. manually?

Use this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows
    ssh into your iPhone a delete the application manully

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

small update on Broomhead,if you dont have WiFi,use iPhone Browser though....

well... same happened to me when i downloaded Kate... I even it to my windows and delted the application manually... but ended up restoring my iphone whose backup was made 2 months ago.. and rejailbraking it

I click it on installer and nothing happens. Wont install, wont do anything haha.

In the interest of balance, I have just installed it on to my 1.1.4 PWN'd iPhone and haven't had any issues whatsoever.....

It's the latest incarnation of Caterpillar (V1.3) it has a couple of new features and is still in my opinion well worth the money I paid for it. Keep it up RIPDEV nice work....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PSP2006 For This Useful Post:

gorob (2008-05-05)

I'm having the same problems
    I disabled summerboard before i installed kate and then installed it, with the trial for 3 days. Now when i turn on my phone it sketches out and i can click on items from the springboard, but once inside the apps, nothing works. WHAT CAN I DO?!

here me to with this problem...tryed to uninstall kate with indepence for the mac, but only the icon disapeared on the springboard...all other **** is still there...

anyone a solution for this crappy application?

I installed it on my 1.1.3 and it works with no problem. However I do not have summerboard installed, no need for it anyway. I do have customize 2.0 and vWallpaper installed and like I said no problems. I do like the night mode feature alot. Sorry to hear some people having issues with it.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

the problem is you have dock installed, caterpillar / kate freezes your phone if you have them both installed

find killboard.app or respring.app SSH it into your phone reboot your phone, then touch killboard or respring, after that go too installer and uninstall dock and your good too go

EDIT:
    you can download killboard here
    http://touchrepo.com/Utilities/
    Last edited by kainisable; 2008-05-06 at 12:31 AM. Reason: add link

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Use this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows
    ssh into your iPhone a delete the application manully
    Same problem here. No access to any phone functions period. Summerboard works to access programs, but once inside the touch screen is disabled which means using installer to remove won't work either. If i SSH into the phone like Broomhead suggests i am afraid the features (fonts etc) will remain.

I used Ziphone to jailbreak (because it is super simple) and i have summerboard installed if that helps anyone. Hope i don't have to wipe it. Any news RIPDEV??

Just tried the new "uninstall feature" deployed in the new installer package (click and hold for the jiggle then delete like a webpage mark). Sorry to say that it also wont work as you can't select anything on the screen once a program is opened. ;-) joy
    Last edited by augustusgloop; 2008-05-06 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by augustusgloop View Post
    Same problem here. No access to any phone functions period. Summerboard works to access programs, but once inside the touch screen is disabled which means using installer to remove won't work either. If i SSH into the phone like Broomhead suggests i am afraid the features (fonts etc) will remain.

I used Ziphone to jailbreak (because it is super simple) and i have summerboard installed if that helps anyone. Hope i don't have to wipe it. Any news RIPDEV??

Just tried the new "uninstall feature" deployed in the new installer package (click and hold for the jiggle then delete like a webpage mark). Sorry to say that it also wont work as you can't select anything on the screen once a program is opened. ;-) joy

all you need to do is restart the springboard once with killboard, afterwards you will be able to use all your applications again, this happen to me before, there is some kind of bug that causes caterpillar to freeze your screen you can open up applications but you can't use them, this happens when its installed along with DOCK (sunburst launcher), all you need to restart the springboard to unfreeze it, use killboard

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kainisable For This Useful Post:

Copyrighted (2010-05-18)

Thanks

I've posted this thrice in the last few days, and I believe it's worked for people, among myself.

The problem with applications being unaccessable lies in either one of two things is what I discovered.

Either low battery or plugging your device in. My phone will do this crap sometimes where the screen won't go completely off and I can't touch anything inside of my apps. I just plugged it in to the wall or computer and it works fine. I know others have had success with this as well; so give it a try.

I used Pwnage Tool with firmware 1.1.4 to jailbreak, and just installed Kate as well. After running it the first time and restarting, my phone hangs at startup. Just a pineapple logo forever. WAIT. Just now as I was typing, probably 5 minutes after the restart, it flashed bright white for an instant and went back to the pineapple logo.

just installed kate and it froze my iphone HELP the only thing my phone does now is play music

Thanks

So, from what I'm getting here, it's probably not a good idea to install Kate yet?

What is it? Just a free Caterpillar? What's different?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, That seems to be my problem. I have dock installed. The question is how do I SSH to my IPhone ?

Thanks for any help, I am really desperate, I just got to States from Europe and I will be without phone for 5weeks !!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast