Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ughh kate just screwed up my phone badly...help?

had to wipe my iphone,im not putting that back on my phone for love or money

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Try to restore,maybe?

Yeah trying too,but its bricked now

please help iphone has just got a load of script of the screen(white text black background,boot mode)
    Itunes cant see the iphone and Ziphone cant find it either gutted
    shameful they have released software that messing up so many phones,so much for beta testing eh
    Last edited by jaceuk; 2008-05-08 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default same happened to me
    the exact thing happened to me, my iphonebrowser doesnt work, i dont have wifi at home. All i did was turn my phone on/off pressing power and home button together and let it load then magic good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fearlessx For This Useful Post:

jaceuk (2008-05-08)

wont turn off just stuck,ill keep trying tho
    thanks mate
    hadnt tried home and off sorry my error mate ill try that cheers

I unistalled the app, the x came out and I did unistalled, when I reboot my phone, the icon dissapear, but the features still on the phone and the screen block, so I guess I will have to jailbkreak my phone again
    but thanks for the advice, I read the post after I did that

ive managed to get my Iphone restored but KATE wont uninstall,so far ive tired to uninstall via the load options in KATE itself then also iv installer but both still have it showing upon a reboot
    any ideas please?
    thank you

I figured out a way, nothing mentioned here worked for me, I used WINSCP to ssh into the phone went to kate.app and went into each folder (there is one for each function) and then opened the terminal (Ctl T) and typed ./uninstall.sh one by one then re-booted the phone. went into kate and disabled all the different apps in kit, hit apply, then i went into the installer and unistalled.

It worked like a charm.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default please help
    i'm also having this problem i just installed kate like ten minutes ago my my fone's messed up... i can't ssh because the phone won't let me get the host names.. i can't install killboard either all i got is iphonebrowser... please help i don't wanna restore again

Quote Originally Posted by oshfj View Post
    Hello,

Probably at you programs incompatible with Kate.app have been installed.

Teamwork of these applications with Kate can cause problems:

Dock, Screenshot, SMSNotifier, TaskBar Notifier, and also problems with SummerBoard and Customize are possible.

In case the touchscreen will not work, try to remove all files from a folder /Library/LaunchDaemons/, except for files: com.openssh.sshd.plist and com.ripdev.remindme.plist

After that reboot iPhone.

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.

Uninstall Kate:

Install Kate in Installer.app, after that open Kate.app, unmark

checkboxes and press "Apply", after that uninstall from Installer.app.

Or remove all files and folders:

/Applications/Caterpillar.app/

/Library/MobileEnhancer/

/var/root/Library/RiPInstall/

/private/var/root/Library/RiPDev/

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ripdev.remindme.plist

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.

i did the first part and the touch screen came around then i could unistall Kate.. this App Sucks not worth the headache thanx guys
    Last edited by slacker4_1; 2008-05-09 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wanting to purchase this program, I used it when it was called Caterpillar. But I don't want to pay for something that's going to do this... I would also like to know what the success rate it too...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

from my blog

Update: If you are having the spinning wheel of death because of Kate, here is a quick fix:

1. Use, SSH, WinSCP or FUGU etc, even iBrickr
    2. REMOVE “dock” files from usr/local/bin/dock
    3. Reboot phone
    4. The screen then becomes responsive. Goto KATE, untick all the boxes, and press apply.
    5. Uninstall Kate from installer.
    6. Enjoy phone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bezman For This Useful Post:

gafu (2008-05-10)

so if you haven't had problems with the program, but still want to uninstall it, how do you do it?

Well I can put down those theories that Screenshot apps and Dock mess with it, as I don't have eihter of them and after installing Kate, the same problem happened to me. And even if those applications did cause problems with it, then it's still Kate's fault, as a well designed program (especially since this makes you pay), should be coded well enough to work around existing programs to provide compatibility. To make things worse for Kate, Dock and Screenshot apps came out BEFORE THIS!!

Trying to figure out a way to uninstall this piece of crap app, normally I wouldn't be so hard on a app, but after reading many posts about people saying it's not Kate's fault, its those programs.....wtf?
    Last edited by crewxp; 2008-05-10 at 12:22 AM.

long time reader of this site barely if ever post(i dont remember).Same problem with kate,but my question is....where are the makers/developers of kate to help out?

just take this app off of installer....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coachballfirm View Post
    just take this app off of installer....
    LMAO @ you guys with all this crying... a little research could solve all you guys problems.

How I have a my device working flawleslly:

Restored
    1.1.4 Jailbroken ZiPhone
    Installed OpenSSh
    Installed Cydia and updated all under changes tab
    Installed Fake BSD Subsystem
    Installed SUID LIB Fix
    Installed SymbolicLinkMaker
    Installed Jiggy Runtime
    Installed KillBoard (to respring when touchscreen is unresponsive in apps)
    Installed Taskbar Notifier
    Installed Kate (Formely known as Caterpillar
    Installed SummberBoard
    Installed Customize 2.0
    Rebooted and applied settings for Kate
    Runs Flawless with just about every most used applications installed

*** I have had no issues since the very first release of this app doing these same install steps everytime I restored ***
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

for all who are having problems with kate,follow bezmans instructions and youll have the phone back to normal.I used ibrikr to uninstall dock which gave me touch control back,uninstalled kate from Installer,installed dock back,installed kate one more time so I can open it,UNCHECK all the boxes,QUIT after applying,finally uninstalling kate.Long *** process but worked perfect for me.Good luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by bezman View Post
    from my blog

Update: If you are having the spinning wheel of death because of Kate, here is a quick fix:

1. Use, SSH, WinSCP or FUGU etc, even iBrickr
    2. REMOVE “dock” files from usr/local/bin/dock
    3. Reboot phone
    4. The screen then becomes responsive. Goto KATE, untick all the boxes, and press apply.
    5. Uninstall Kate from installer.
    6. Enjoy phone.

@SilentKILLA, The fact that so many people are having the problem (Even though you and some others don't have a problem running Kate), proves that there's SOMETHING WRONG. It may not affect everyone, but there's still a problem. Dont laugh at others for having something go wrong, when you can't even post the reason why they're having the problem (no, its not dock or capture). Even it was those programs, it's still a compatibility problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    for all who are having problems with kate,follow bezmans instructions and youll have the phone back to normal.I used ibrikr to uninstall dock which gave me touch control back,uninstalled kate from Installer,installed dock back,installed kate one more time so I can open it,UNCHECK all the boxes,QUIT after applying,finally uninstalling kate.Long *** process but worked perfect for me.Good luck all.
    Thanks for posting. Some people have tried this, but it sometimes still doesn't work. This will not fix the problem 100% of the time!!! Many people on these forums don't even have Dock installed and are still having the problem. This is what I posted in another thread.
    Well I can put down those theories that Screenshot apps and Dock mess with it, as I don't have eihter of them and after installing Kate, the same problem happened to me. And even if those applications did cause problems with it, then it's still Kate's fault, as a well designed program (especially since this makes you pay), should be coded well enough to work around existing programs to provide compatibility. To make things worse for Kate, Dock and Screenshot apps came out BEFORE THIS!!

Trying to figure out a way to uninstall this piece of crap app, normally I wouldn't be so hard on a app, but after reading many posts about people saying it's not Kate's fault, its those programs.....wtf?
    Anyways, I think I've figured out how to uninstall (For those of you who think they have to restore, or can't seem to uninstall). Download this file:
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29898

(You're going to have to register to download it, only place I could find that has it. You can try http://www.touchrepo.com/Utilities/killBoard.app.zip , but it gave me an error from that.

Upload that app to /Applications using SSH or WinSCP or w/e, chmod 755 or 777, restart the iphone. Open Killboard once launched, it'll fix your phone temporarily. Use this time to go into Kate and uncheck everything, hit apply. Go back in installer, uninstall Kate. UNINSTALLED! Phone working fine again!
    Last edited by crewxp; 2008-05-10 at 12:53 PM.

Man i dont even have dock installed and my touch is unresponsive. This thing is pissing me off. I had a shitload of stuff installed. It will take me a good couple days to get all of it again.
    On top of that i can only use iphonebrowser as my openssh is off.

Edit and now my phone wont turn on. Im so pissed at this app right now.

man wtf I too dont have dock installed....cant get anything to work. Even ssh because once i go into settings I cant click anything else! What if I just wait it out. Will it take away everything since its a trial. It stays on for 3 days if im not mistaken right? Does I bricker work the same way as ssh. I didnt use that program in a long time

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast