Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ughh kate just screwed up my phone badly...help?

Hey i dont what you said but i still cant uninstall Kate, do i uninstall from the installer when the phone comes back on or from clicking and holding kate icon???

u need to freeze ur phone

den if ur phone frezes u need to turn it off den wehn it turns on it should be working den uninstall from installer i just done it now
    Last edited by leb2nv; 2008-05-07 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by leb2nv View Post
    u need to freeze ur phone

den if ur phone frezes u need to turn it off den wehn it turns on it should be working den uninstall from installer i just done it now
    hey thanks for the help, i freeze my phone and then i pressed the home and power button like you said and it restared even got the lines you were talking about.
    when it restarts however i still cant uninstall any ideas m8

so ur touchscreen still duznt work bcause dat usually resets d spring board and it resets ur settings i had to fix my ringtone up and **** so i dont no i got it by a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by leb2nv View Post
    so ur touchscreen still duznt work bcause dat usually resets d spring board and it resets ur settings i had to fix my ringtone up and **** so i dont no i got it by a fluke
    No worries man, i appreciate your help, its looking more and more immanent that i am going to have to restore it, ill leave it another day or so. cause i dont have a clue on how to restore it/ Jail Brake it etc

im sorry if it doesnt work but mine worked it could have been a fluke im sorry if it is

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leb2nv For This Useful Post:

deansaddigh (2008-05-07)

Anyone else have anydeas???

Ok guys, i give up, im gonna restore and re-jailbrake, can some one point out a good link on this site with exact details on how to restore and rejailbrake with version 1.4 please

many thanks.
    Last edited by deansaddigh; 2008-05-07 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I installed Kate last night and now my iPhone won't even boot. It sits at the Apple logo for a minute or so, flashes, then reboots again. This cycle just continues on and on.

edit: I don't have any different Dock apps installed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dont wont to rub it in just thought id let you know that I installed this morning and mine works fine, it stayed at the apple logo for a minute or so, then booted into the phone... finally got 5 icon dock woop woop...

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deansaddigh View Post
    Anyone else have anydeas???

Ok guys, i give up, im gonna restore and re-jailbrake, can some one point out a good link on this site with exact details on how to restore and rejailbrake with version 1.4 please

many thanks.
    Ok all you have to do is hold in the power and home button till the screen goes black. Keep holding your finger on the home button but take it off the power button, and at the same time plug your USB cable in. Then in iTunes, restore your iPhone, and use which ever jailbreak method you prefer.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

cheers for that m8
    what jailbrake software shall i use, whats the easiest etc

doesnt matter im using ziphone, ill tell you all what i will def take that guys advice and read about an app before i install from now on.
    Last edited by deansaddigh; 2008-05-07 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try this you might be lucky like me:

I installed it last night same problem as everyone else, touch screen frozen, I was sooo pissed beause i couldn't even do ssh since the ssh was off and I couln't change it, so I tried restarting like 10 times and that didn't help at at all, anywyas, it was late last night and I turned my iphone off before I go to bed cause i didnt want the alarm to go off and me not be able to turn it off, in the morning I tried turning it on so that I would restore it and all of a sudden magically my TOUCH SCREEN WAS WORKING!!!! so honestly I don't know what happened there I just know that I had it turned off for like a couple of hours and then I turned it on and it was working, maybe anyone else who has this problem can try and see if this works for them. good luck

Default Here we go guys....
    I'm copying this from my original thread HERE at everythingiCafe.

This has worked for me and a couple of others already.

KateKiller here

Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in all programs other than the home screen.

Holy ****. My iPhone died.

Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the problem. Here we go:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.

2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.

3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.

4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it, which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.

5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to pick.

STOP HERE.

6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.

Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself, your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.

Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueBliss For This Useful Post:

006LODBKNY (2008-05-11), baxxy (2008-05-07), djnite (2008-05-11), hiddenreactor (2008-05-10)

Thumbs down kate
    just my opinion but DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP! It's only trial and I would never pay for the features it offers (this is an iphone app...come on) let alone how much it messed up my iphone! Had to reformat. Touch screen wouldn't work for anything except to unlock. I couldn't select anything in any apps. Just my opinion.

reading alot of the posts here makes me wonder if some actually read the responses. lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bbgt2 For This Useful Post:

kainisable (2008-05-09)

Hey BlueBliss, thanks man!!!!
    works fine for me, my iphone its alive again!!!!!!

What I did was while the icones were jiggling I try opened the sim compartment and it just came alive again
    Just after that i uninstalled the applications unchecking them in KAte's menu
    And uninstalling DOCK (just in case )
    hope u find it helpful

Hello,

Probably at you programs incompatible with Kate.app have been installed.

Teamwork of these applications with Kate can cause problems:

Dock, Screenshot, SMSNotifier, TaskBar Notifier, and also problems with SummerBoard and Customize are possible.

In case the touchscreen will not work, try to remove all files from a folder /Library/LaunchDaemons/, except for files: com.openssh.sshd.plist and com.ripdev.remindme.plist

After that reboot iPhone.

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.

Uninstall Kate:

Install Kate in Installer.app, after that open Kate.app, unmark

checkboxes and press "Apply", after that uninstall from Installer.app.

Or remove all files and folders:

/Applications/Caterpillar.app/

/Library/MobileEnhancer/

/var/root/Library/RiPInstall/

/private/var/root/Library/RiPDev/

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ripdev.remindme.plist

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to oshfj For This Useful Post:

slacker4_1 (2008-05-09)

I can't believe for this app I will have to restore the entire iphone, I spent plenty of time installing apps, music etc, and its crazy expensive for a calender and few more features nothing spectacular, I uninstalled the app, I don't see the icon but the features still on the phone, and unable to touch the screen to run other apps
    Wasting time, 0 for this app
    stay away

how u do that if the touch screen doesn't work
    Last edited by jtoledano; 2008-05-08 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oshfj View Post
    Hello,

Probably at you programs incompatible with Kate.app have been installed.

Teamwork of these applications with Kate can cause problems:

Dock, Screenshot, SMSNotifier, TaskBar Notifier, and also problems with SummerBoard and Customize are possible.

Iv got both Summerboard and Customize installed and i can confirm that they dont interfer with Kate.app...

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast