Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ughh kate just screwed up my phone badly...help?

Thanks

Download "Cyberduck", since I see you're on a Mac, then use Mode: SCP, User: root, Password: alpine, and the IP address you're currently connected to the internet with.

The go into /Applications in Cyberduck and remove Dock from there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

jarek9091 (2008-05-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks, but what if I do not have a SSH soft installed on my IPhone ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

GUYS ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG. This is caused by the DOCK application by nate true, AND ANY SCREENSHOT applications. You can manually fix this by deleteing the files included with the dock app. (i forgot where they are, so you have to do a search) or you can simply restore and not install dock this time. This is because dock interferes with some components of caterpillar and it gets messed up. It happened to me, it's frustrating, i know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

jarek9091 (2008-05-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How can I delete the dock without having SSH on my IPhone ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Kate is working fine here on my 1.1.4 iphone. Still waiting on my activation code though. blah.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

ummm i was the first one too post on here that dock is the problem but yet i don't get thanked......

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kainisable For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (2008-05-06), jarek9091 (2008-05-06), maz (2008-05-07), morphiusrt (2008-05-13)

guys, i have done the same "installed kate and i am having the same problem"

i cant connect to my iphone with ssh as my wireless is turned off on my iphone can obviously it freezes i cant turn it on, even though it usually connects automatically.

So what can i do, i cant connect wirelessly to my ihpnoe and i cant access any of the phone features, this is pretty god damn annoying?

Any updates guys????

actually my iphone is now connected wirelessley but with that ssh program i just get an error saying "Network error connection refused" any help guys im kinda desperate now
    Last edited by deansaddigh; 2008-05-06 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Guys, I found a way to get into the IPhone without SSH or WiFi. Try this:
    http://www.ipod.info.pl/index.php/do...tal-commander/

It works, but since now I could not solve the problem. My dock application is hidden somewhere in the Categories. Can anyone tell me what to delete to get rid of that ?

From my experiences ALWAYS perform a search here on MMI BEFORE installing ANY app's.

I found out the same way you guys did about Caterpillar/Kate problems with working with dock, now after having installed Respring and SUID Library fix havent had any issues with Caterpillar/Kate.
    Good luck. As I said before I install any app always search if there were any issues, we need to keep in mind these are all 3rd party apps and werent designed to work together.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Uau, I am genious, did it, fount that dock.... it is here:
    /usr/local/bin/dock

just remove it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jarek9091 For This Useful Post:

jb4 (2008-05-15), sc0tr (2008-05-07)

Jarek.. how did you delete the dock.. what software did you use.. on mac i hope.. please let me know..

[QUOTE=jarek9091;930971]Hi Guys, I found a way to get into the IPhone without SSH or WiFi. Try this:
    QUOTE]

How do i browse the contents of file directory of my iphone?

the commander only see the iphone picture folders

thanks! in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -katesucks.gif  
    Last edited by lookang; 2008-05-06 at 07:04 PM.

ok i have managed to get there using ifuntastic but i didnt find a dock file i the bin.. are you sure of the location..

Same happened to my phone a few weeks back. too bad this thread wasnt up when it happened to me. Same thing happened to me, everything froze and when I rebooted, I would get a black and white horizontal bars on my screen. So I redid everything, and reactivated my phone as new. Once in a while, when my phone acts squirly, I do the a reset, I still get those black and white bars. I will not ever install anything from the makers of that app. IMO of course

This app has screwed my phone too

Can't SSH into it either, says connection refused. Any tips on getting it back alive without having to wipe it as i have alot of stuff on mine

edit: got onto my phone but dock isn't there!. Must be another app causing this too? Urgh
    Last edited by noog; 2008-05-06 at 08:35 PM.

Default download ifuntastic
    i had the same problem that everyone describes in all the post. I downloaded ifuntastic 4.6.1 for mac. And went to user/local/bin/dock/ and deleted the dock. To delete the dock next to the word dock is an image of an iphone click on that and you should be able to delete the dock. Restart your phone and it should work, hope this helps.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to drummette For This Useful Post:

Bry805 (2008-05-13)

Surely it should be mentioned

"The Problem is with DOCK & KATE or DOCK.(Fullstop)
    The Kate application is absolutely fine and as a paid for service I'm sure the dev's involved are more than willing to help you out if you do encounter any problems.

I had experienced the screen non responsive problem with DOCK installed before KATE was even released. There i've said it..........
    It was a great app back on 1.1.1 but since then i've not installed it because it has caused problems with one app or another.

I'm not a RIPDEV fanboy but there is way too much Caterpillar bashing on this forum. I have used it sine the first release (all be it pirated with the R.I.P DEV patch) but it is one of the most well developed and refined app's available at the moment.

Just my opinion, Feel free to shoot me down in flames, But that's how it is................

Peace. X
    Last edited by PSP2006; 2008-05-06 at 11:25 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSP2006 For This Useful Post:

gorob (2008-05-06), livingdeadgirl (2008-05-07), Up Sol 7 (2008-05-07)

I think the bashing is mostly because caterpillar is not free. I have bought it after testing it for two days and like it very much. Just last night I emailed them with a question and promptly this morning I had a reply. I do like and use most of their feature, the latest night mode for example. Anyway even free app's get alot of bad rap. Well you can't make everybody happy.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_leb View Post
    Jarek.. how did you delete the dock.. what software did you use.. on mac i hope.. please let me know..
    Steve, Yes on Mac, but I run Parallels for Mac, so I can work with Windows. Total Commander plugin is as I konw only for Windows, so you need to do it there. Also you would need to setup Itunes.

[quote=lookang;932101]
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek9091 View Post
    Hi Guys, I found a way to get into the IPhone without SSH or WiFi. Try this:
    QUOTE]

How do i browse the contents of file directory of my iphone?

the commander only see the iphone picture folders

thanks! in advance

Sorry, that was in Polish, try this:
    http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/wiki/Installation

it is the full instruction step by step in English
    Last edited by jarek9091; 2008-05-07 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FOUND THE PERFECT WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM
    what you need to do is be at your springboard and if u updated installer put ur finger on kate until it bobs around den clik the x den something will happen and if u get your iphone to freeze ur done !!! when it freezes ucan play around with the off button and the home button till it turns off den ur screen will still have lines of what was on your screen b4 u turned it off just turn it back on and uninstall kate from installer
    Last edited by leb2nv; 2008-05-07 at 11:33 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to leb2nv For This Useful Post:

livingdeadgirl (2008-05-07)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast