Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unistalled Mobile Stacks...Now no Springboard

Angry Unistalled Mobile Stacks...Now no Springboard
    Hey all-

I decided to uninstall Mobile Stacks until there is an option to customize the apps on the stack.

So, i use the uninstall option in Installer and the phone locks as usual. (I was listening to the iPod while I did this if it matters) When I unlock it there is nothing on the Springboard/Summerboard and the dock is just a short background as if it were a mini-dock (I use a regular dock). The bar at the top of the screen shows iPod not iphone and there is not signal meter.

If I call the phone I can get into the Phone app and if I send a text I can use that as well. The iPod still works but I can only control it through the headphone button.

Any idea what the hell happened? I'm at work so I don't have access to my Mac to SSH or restore. As you can imagine I'm not a happy moder right now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what firmwear are you on? I had the same problem when I updated from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, and jailbroke the phone. You may need to restore and rejailbreak...at least you could try the new jailbreakme.com to get your apps back.
    iPhone, uPhone we all phone for iPhone.

this same thing happened to me when i installed iPod 2/3, then tried to uninstall them. (yes, i know there is iPodFix, but that didn't work either.)

unfortunately i had to restore, but after that everything was fine.

You're supposed to go into StackController, or MyStackCtrl, depending on which version you have, and uninstall from there first, then uninstall via installer. You may have to wait until you get home and do a restore.

I'm on 1.1.1. Yeah...I guess I've got a restore in my future when I get home from work. At least Jailbreaking will be easy this time.

GRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by denyle View Post
    You're supposed to go into StackController, or MyStackCtrl, depending on which version you have, and uninstall from there first, then uninstall via installer. You may have to wait until you get home and do a restore.
    I had unistalled the stack via the controller a couple of days ago... I thought I was just removing the rest of the package. There was no stack on the dock when I did this.
    Last edited by tpd; 2007-11-05 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tpd View Post

I had unistalled the stack via the controller a couple of days ago... I thought I was just removing the rest of the package. There was no stack on the dock when I did this.
    Then you did it the right way, perhaps there is a problem with the uninstall from Installer app (just one more reason it's not on my source) sorry for your troubles... sux

you just need the default M68AP.plist. get someone to upload it for you.

Try this one. It goes in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

Just take off the .txt extension (Had to add it to be able to attach it)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-11-05 at 03:58 PM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    Try this one. It goes in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

Just take off the .txt extension (Had to add it to be able to attach it)
    I had the same problem, using customize and rearranged my icons on my summer board, and lost like 5 of my icon. The first time I did a full restore, but this time around I refused to.

Thanks for the file, that fixed my problem....

I figured it was a corrupted plist file or something like that. I just did a backup and restore followed by the web based jailbreak. It wasn't too painful.

I had also installed the iPod2 package so that may have contributed to my problem. rSBT in Customize wouldn't work after that.

I like the idea of Mobile Stacks but I'm going to wait for a more stable version before trying it again.