Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I cannot save games on ANY emulator on the iPod touch - PLEASE HELP ME! =[

Default I cannot save games on ANY emulator on the iPod touch - PLEASE HELP ME! =[
    hey everyone,

well...long story short, I have all the emulators I want on my iPod Touch:

-snes4iphone
    -nes4iphone
    -gpSPhone
    -psx4iphone

and in not one of them can I save my games. I have searched this forum and have come accross many links from other people posting the same question - and still even using the help they have been given, I have not been able to save my games. All of my ROMs and emulators work correcctly, however I just CANNOT save.

I have been to this link:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61391

and tried everything that is on it (terminal codes, changing permissions, bla bla bla) and still, I cannot save my games. I must be doing something wrong along the line SOMEWHERE. Every time I type something in the terminal I get 'operation not permitted' or 'no such file or directory', and I think there was another one too lol.

Whenever I try to change permissions either using mobilefinder or squid, I change them, however when I go back and check that they are still changed (the highlighted boxes or the three 7's), they have been changed again! I even tried using cuteFTP PRO 8 to change the permissions to 777 and they just wont stay, they keep changing back to whatever was originally there. Its like nothing is saving at all! =[

Yes, I have BSD Subsystem installed, no I dont have Cydia installed - if this helps. Please if there is anything else you need to know to help me, post and I will respond almost immediately unless sleeping. I am getting really annoyed with this thing...

Thanks a bunch for any help, I really would appreciate it.

uhmmm i can't help you withyour problem.Actually i have one too, i can't play the games im using gpsPhone with a .GBA games is says: "Sorry but ipsp requires a gameboy advance...." have you tackled this kind of problem?

Moved to correct Forum

can you help me with my problem?

hey, yeah I had that problem too. Do you have the GBA bios in the gpSPhone's folder? That fixed my problem. Also make sure you are extracting tha actual IMG file from the zip folder of your ROM before putting it on your iPod as the emulator cannot read ZIP files (i dont think so neways lol...) That worked for me anyways. Hope I helped, can someone help me? =[

ps - if you dont have the gba bios, I can email it to you if you like, I have it on my computer and it works.

your GBA games should also be in an "GBA" format ie (pokemon ruby.gba), not 'smc' or anthing else. If your looking for a good source for ROMs, I reccomend dgemu.com. Signup is required but it is worth it. =]
    Last edited by mr_bubbles_rulz; 2008-05-02 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If commands wont work on the phone, use your computer. Open winSCP. Press ctrl + T and type in the box:

chown -R mobile var/mobile/Media/ROMs

Exactly as you see it here.

hey guys first off the only bios file i could get to work i found in the installer. second i'm running 1.1.4 and the only program that i could change the permissions with and make them save was mobilefinder. after i set all the files and folders to write and exec was i able to save games in all the emulators.

to persichini;

i've tride changing the permissions with mobilefinder (by highlighting all the boxes on the gpSPhone's folder in the applications directory) and they wont save! the two middle ones keep un-highlighting themselves whenever I exit and then go back into it to see if they are still highlighted. Any ideas?

to dale1v;

i copied and pasted that into winSCP, and I got the 'path does not exist' Here is a screenshot:

shouldnt it be this that I use?:

chown -R mobile /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs

just an idea. this is what I got when I used that is winSCP:

any ideas why i still cant save? =[ gonna keep at it though.

thanks a bunch

well, turns out that my code that i said to use works! because now I can save! If one wants or needs to fix the saving games problem on the emulators, download winSCP, connect using SSH, press ctl + T and type in the following code:

chown -R mobile /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs

It should do the trick.

However now I have ANOTHER problem. I know i've seen a thread on this forum somewhere about it but now I cant find it. Once I've saved, then I go to reload the game and then overwrite the current save state, it dissappears. Deleted. Gone! =[ any ideas?
    Last edited by mr_bubbles_rulz; 2008-05-03 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Don't know why your games are in private/var, but whatever, as long as it works....

yeah, me neither =]. Do u know about the other thing how it keeps deleting the save file?

Thanks

I would try to put all your roms in var/mobile/Media/ROMs and see what happens