Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Malicious iPhone Application [[DO NOT INSTALL]]

Default Malicious iPhone Application [[DO NOT INSTALL]]
    ATTENTION!
    Do not add the source http://ipkg.mcafeemobile.com to Installer. It contains a Malicious Application that resets all .plist files, giving the iPhone/iPod touch a spinning wheel of death (SWOD)...

Quote Originally Posted by AlliPod*** View Post
    A repo that claims to be an official McAfee program for the iPod/iPhone and even has a redirect to mcafee.com has been found suddenly in installer, (If you use my source then there is no problem, I remove it)

The Repo is "http://ipkg.mcafeemobile.com"

DO NOT USE IT, I SPOKE TO MCAFEE OFFICIALS AND THEY SAID ITS A FAKE AND THEY MIGHT BRING A LEGAL SUIT AGAINST THEM!!

Also IT Totally F**ked up my iPhone, so there you go i break my things to save you guys...

My Repo Is http://ihacks.us/index.xml

Cheers,
    Ben.
    From iPod touch fans
    It's spoony.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spoonforknife For This Useful Post:

ipirate (2008-05-02), jazzy14 (2008-05-04), mgmm1 (2008-05-02), sufirao (2008-05-02)

Thanks for the heads up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

people who installed and unistalled are still at risk?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quit saying it is a fake!!!:
    Proof!:

Server info:
    Registrant:
    McAfee, Inc.
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US

Domain name: MCAFEEMOBILE.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Inc., McAfee, [email protected]
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100
    Technical Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100

Registration Service Provider:
    DBMS VeriSign, [email protected]
    800-579-2848 x4
    Please contact DBMS VeriSign for domain updates, DNS/Nameserver
    changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 10-Nov-2007.
    Record expires on 02-Mar-2011.
    Record created on 02-Mar-2005.

Administrative Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100
    Technical Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100

rofl....

If it's telling you your iPhone has a virus, it's most definitely BS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    Quit saying it is a fake!!!:
    Proof!:

Server info:
    Registrant:
    McAfee, Inc.
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US

Administrative Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100
    Technical Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100

Registration Service Provider:
    DBMS VeriSign, [email protected]
    800-579-2848 x4
    Please contact DBMS VeriSign for domain updates, DNS/Nameserver
    changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 10-Nov-2007.
    Record expires on 02-Mar-2011.
    Record created on 02-Mar-2005.

Administrative Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100
    Technical Contact:
    535 Oakmead Pkwy
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    US
    +1.4089928100
    mr. i dont know who you are, but i spoke to one of the heads of mcafee (my uncle) he said its a fake and they are thinking of legal action, and they will most probably buy it off, the repo is a fake,

also the domain doesnt mean anything i could add any info i want to any domain i own, you ....

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. I could make it so my ihacks.us website is a domain owned by apple just by copying their info....

and also mcafee doesnt have any official virus scan for the iphone yet,

ANYTHING ELSE!!>>?!?!?!?!

P.S. 2 why dont you install it and run it and press scan and **** your iphone up, its legit , right???????
    Last edited by AlliPodHax; 2008-05-02 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlliPod*** View Post
    mr. i dont know who you are, but i spoke to one of the heads of mcafee (my uncle) he said its a fake and they are thinking of legal action, and they will most probably buy it off, the repo is a fake,

also the domain doesnt mean anything i could add any info i want to any domain i own, you ....

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. I could make it so my ihacks.us website is a domain owned by apple just by copying their info....

and also mcafee doesnt have any official virus scan for the iphone yet,

ANYTHING ELSE!!>>?!?!?!?!

P.S. 2 why dont you install it and run it and press scan and **** your iphone up, its legit , right???????
    I know it works and I am tired of arguing with you. It uses McAfee's own server, and you cannot fake that! Show me you can make the site AlliPod***.apple.com if you still want to argue.

And McAfee customer service told me it wasnt a scam, but they did not confirm its existance. Maybe your uncle doesnt know about it? Did you ever think of that?
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-05-02 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know it works and I am tired of arguing with you. It uses McAfee's own server, and you cannot fake that! Show me you can make the site AlliPod***.apple.com if you still want to argue.

And McAfee customer service told me it wasnt a scam, but they did not confirm its existance. Maybe your uncle doesnt know about it? Did you ever think of that?
    Also, it's not mobile.mcaffee.com it's mcaffeemobile.com.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-05-02 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Insults not required

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Also, it's not mobile.mcaffee.com it's mcaffeemobile.com.
    Whatever it is still on their server. http://ipkg.mcafeemobile.com/repo/iVirusScan-1.0a08.zip

I know its real and I could careless anymore about your thoughts

Also Apple has not confirmed a 3G iPhone, and I bet if you called customer service they would say the same thing
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-05-02 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For a pretty big company like McAffee, it looks pretty amateurish and the fact that customer service knows nothing about it is pretty frightning. Also, we would you ever need a virus scanner for an iPhone? There havent been any actual viruses, just programs that delete essential stuff...

Thanks

All I know for sure that it does detect (Atleast my test) virus. So it maybe made by someone unknown that uses mcafee's site, but I swear to god that it did work. So from now on I could careless if McAfee confirms it, I just know it works. I guarantee it did not harm my phone (Yet )

PS I would like to say that I have never meant to be rude, so if it seems like it I appollogize.

Thanks
    Listen you dumbass, lol, the mcafee mobile has a redirect to mcafee.com , and also mcafee doesnt publicize their information heres a whois domain search of mcafee
    Domain Name: mcafee.com

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

Expiration Date: 2010-08-04
    Creation Date: 1992-08-05
    Last Update Date: 2007-05-29

Name Servers:
    ns-a.mcafee.com
    ns-b.mcafee.com
    ns1-2.akam.net
    usc3.akam.net
    use4.akam.net
    usw4.akam.net
    usw5.akam.net
    again you are nuts if you think its real, it DOES NOT POINT TO MCAFEE SERVERS, MCAFEE USES A PRIVATE DEDICATED SERVER IN WISCONSIN, I Know my uncle is a Senior VP of it, also if you really think its real then go ahead and download it and then press scan, and then come back with your nagging, just be quiet its a fake and thats it, i dont have to come and say it but i did and i saved over 10,500 people from it, i got over 5,000 thanks and emails about it so please just shut up, thanks.

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. heres a whois of mcafeemobile
    Domain Name: mcafeemobile.com

Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
    Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
    Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net

Expiration Date: 2011-03-01
    Creation Date: 2005-03-01
    Last Update Date: 2006-10-13

Name Servers:
    ns1.mcafeemobile.com
    ns3.mcafeemobile.com
    ns5.mcafeemobile.com
    lol this is not mcafee servers, READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ
    Last edited by AlliPodHax; 2008-05-02 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks

Bickering will simply lead to another closed thread. People have the intelligence to draw their own conclusions. Simply note "Use at your own Risk" and be done with it. This holds true for any iPhone app.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Alpha Zero (2008-05-04), mfleigle (2008-05-02), Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-05-04), patrickj (2008-05-03)

Thanks
    Sorry about that, but the reason i made this post was becasue i hold its my duty to tell the world what app is good and which one is bad since i run the ultimate source list on the web, so thats the reason i am so strong about it, but besides that u guys are great people and i am sorry for any misconceptions,

Cheers,
    Ben.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Bickering will simply lead to another closed thread. People have the intelligence to draw their own conclusions. Simply note "Use at your own Risk" and be done with it. This holds true for any iPhone app.
    Hopefully you do close this thread. It does not delete any files on the device. I would bet my life on it, but no one (here) believes me. Every place else that I have reported this believes me. But people on MMi only listen to the outright lies. I really dont care if it is really from McAfee or not (but I hope it is since mobilemcafee is registered to them and it is located there) but I would like to set the record straight, it is not malicious!

Ok I have made a video of installing, and scanning the app. I even showed restarting my phone, and showing you all my sources were still there. The only bad thing is that my hands were incredibly shaking (too much caffiene)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89l-cC3TtTY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89l-cC3TtTY[/ame]

Update:
    McAfee has confirmed one of the apps!
    From the TUAW:
    Update 8:45 ET: In a "curiouser and curiouser" twist, we have some new info from McAfee on the iPhone AV application... which was indeed developed at McAfee, contrary to our earlier reports from their press representative. Here's what else has been confirmed:

* The 'Stinger' mobile AV tool for iPhone is an internal project that somehow "got into the wild." It was not intended for release (indeed, since it was developed with the community toolchain, it would have to be rebuilt for the SDK).
    * They are happy with the positive feedback they're getting from users.
    * It was a proof of concept. They have no idea if they'll follow through with an actual product.
    * Corporate and consumer offices are in adjacent cities, which explains the domain registration issue.

As we get additional details and some hands-on time with the tool we will update further.

And Now everyone read:
    Update 9:45 ET: Kudos to McAfee's media relations team, burning the late-Friday oil to help us make some sense of this story. Here's the official comment from Joris Evers, director of worldwide PR for the antivirus vendor:

The application you blogged about is indeed a genuine McAfee project. We are always working on new platforms including the popular ones. In this particular case we were running a test to validate some recently developed technology. We happen to be first to test AV technology for iPhone. We're happy that iPhone users are already getting excited about it, as evidenced by your blog and the thousands of people who are trying out the application. Still, we are not ready to announce a new product, our development work is in the early stages.

So Ben either your uncle doesnt work for mcafee or he isnt as high up as you say, and your just full of sh!t!
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-05-03 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

And Now everyone read:
    Update 9:45 ET:
    The application you blogged about is indeed a genuine McAfee project. We are always working on new platforms including the popular ones. In this particular case we were running a test to validate some recently developed technology. We happen to be first to test AV technology for iPhone. We're happy that iPhone users are already getting excited about it, as evidenced by your blog and the thousands of people who are trying out the application. Still, we are not ready to announce a new product, our development work is in the early stages.

So Ben either your uncle doesnt work for mcafee or he isnt as high up as you say, and your just full of sh!t!
    pwned

Thanks

Why hasnt this thread been deleted yet?

Well this thread certainly is heading downhill!

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I think there is no need for this app, and if it was Mcafee then why not use the mcafee.com instead of mcafeemobile.com?
    But everyone is initialled to there own opinion, don't shove yours down others throats.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

ive had this installed and have scanned many times, but no problems yet
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast