Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge Issues 1.1.4 Unlocked

Default Edge Issues 1.1.4 Unlocked
    Okay, so I pwnd and then restored my 16gig 1.1.4 OOB new iPhone. I used a custom 1.1.4 firmware without changing any of the default options (check marks and such). I neutered the 4.6BL and unlocked. Other than having to install the youtube fix from installer everything worked like a charm including edge and wifi. So I tried to stick a new sim from another At&T phone into the iPhone assuming it would work fine. Everything continues to work with wifi, calls, etc...but no edge all of a sudden. If I put the original sim card back in edge works again....What gives? Was the unlock not successful?

Yes, I have reset network connections as well as all settings....didn't help
    Yes, I downloaded and toggled edge on BossPrefs.....didn't help either

<bump>
    Last edited by MUBiomed; 2008-05-02 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Have no idea,try restoring again.....

Your not the only one. I have the same exact problem after unlocking my phone. And yes, its 1.1.4. I've tried restoring it like 3 times and still no EDGE. Chances are your not gonna get help...

same here. I've tried everything. I have restored more times than I can count and tried 20 other different things. I'm on 1.1.4 with AT&T and I'm stuck with no EDGE. No one can seem to explain/fix it. Dev Team help us!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

If the EDGE icon is missing, generally it is because the line being used does not have internet / SMS / MMS enabled. I have 4 lines with AT&T (all are iPhones) and my 15 y.o. line is only set up for calls sans no icon. I thought this too was wierd at first until I tried his SIM on my other 3 iPhones and all did not display the icon when using his SIM.

Also check under services, the EDGE might be on the OFF position...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!