Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fugu and ipod/iphone

Default Fugu and ipod/iphone
    This has been nagging me for some time. My Wifi interface to ipod/iphone is just not reliable. I am using:

Ipod 1.1.1 w/Openssh
    iPhone 1.1.1 w/Openssh
    iPhone 1.0.1 w/Openssh
    Mac OS
    Fugu 1.2.0

I am following the connection steps on this site so I am using SFTP in Fugu.

The problem is I mostly get an initial timeout where Fugu just sits there trying to connect to the IP of the ipod/iphone. Sometimes I get to the authentication where I enter the password and then Fugu just sits there and it eventually times out. Other rare times I get to the first display of the device directories. But when I go to move to root or another directory I get the Mac spinning wheel forever - no timeout - and I must reboot the Mac. On very rare occassions - and this would be the FIRST time running Fugu - everything goes as expected and I manipulate the files I need in an app directory. I have used WinScp on my Windows machine with similar results. All the devices communicate fine to the server and can do fine in Safari. All the computers are fine with internet connection. It is just computer to device that is an issue and not very reliable. I have moved closer to the Wifi router and have no change in reliability.

Any ideas on what this could be or how I could improve this?

I've had the best results with Transmit you can find it on-line and try for free.