Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taskbar Notifier - Mail Icon

Default Taskbar Notifier - Mail Icon
    I have the Taskbar Notifier installed on my 1.1.4 pwned phone it worked everything works fine (sms, and phone) except for once I get a new email the email icon does not disappear once I get rid of the new mail...I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but once I reinstall the mail icon is back on the status bar even if I have not got any new emails

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

You could try Installing a different Mail Alert icon with Customize 2.0 beta. Not sure if it would work but it's worth trying.

i have actually tried that already and it did work for about 10 secs but then the mail icon reappeared again

I remember seeing a 1.1.4 Mail Fix in Installer, I'm not sure what the source was though...sorry.

Mabey if you install that it will solve your problem.

the mail is there for a reason.. you obviously have an unread mail in All mail section
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

i just checked installer under Tweaks for 1.1.4 but couldn't find anything for mail fix do you know where its at?

I had this problem a while ago, and found a fix. Let me try to explain, basically what I read is that the program looks at a database, and your mail database has an new email in the inbox.
    What has probably happened is you had an email configured, it had mail and you deleted the email account.
    What you need to do is reconfigure any past email accounts that you had , and go into their inboxes and delete the emails in there, THEN Taskbar notifier will clear out.

drussel11 enter mode ssh
    /var/mobile/Library/mail/

setting permission 755 to file envelope index...
    and respring you iphone.

or

rename file envelope index example: envelope index1111
    respring yuo phone...
    reopen mail.app

enjoy...
    Last edited by 7h31ll3g4l; 2008-05-02 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7h31ll3g4l View Post
    drussel11 enter mode ssh
    /var/mobile/Library/mail/

setting permission 755 to file envelope index...
    and respring you iphone.

or

rename file envelope index example: envelope index1111
    respring yuo phone...
    reopen mail.app

enjoy...
    Could you just explain this.
    Where how and what is it I should rename? Something through SSH?