Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize 2.0 crashing....

Default customize 2.0 crashing....
    I had to restore my phone and im trying to get everything back on the phone that I had before. I was running customize 2.0b4 before i did the restore earlier today. I just tried getting it again but i cant get it to run. I just shows the spicy chicken icon and then crashes back to the springboard about 2 seconds later.

Does anyone know what I should download from installer or any other ideas to get customize 2.0 back running on my phone?

I would really appreciate it!

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeorde4th View Post
    I had to restore my phone and im trying to get everything back on the phone that I had before. I was running customize 2.0b4 before i did the restore earlier today. I just tried getting it again but i cant get it to run. I just shows the spicy chicken icon and then crashes back to the springboard about 2 seconds later.

Does anyone know what I should download from installer or any other ideas to get customize 2.0 back running on my phone?

I would really appreciate it!

thanks!
    I had the same problem, in my case I had to SSH into my iPhone and set the permissions on my Customize.app folder to get this to work. Let me paste the entire procedure (It's verbatim from some blog - I take no credit for it).

Once you are logged into the phone in terminal, (if you do not get an error you are logged in) simply copy and paste the following:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app

HIT ENTER

/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

HIT ENTER

I guess you can also use the terminal for chmoding. I just find it hard to type in terminal shell.

One point I'd like to mention here is that I am using a modded version of Customize app - it doesn't require registration code or anything like that. That being said, I had this same problem before I set the permissions - I would launch Customize, see that spicychicken thingy, and after about 20 seconds..poof!

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by ajrulez; 2008-04-27 at 10:22 PM.

Im pretty clueless about doing that from my computer. I was using it on my iphone before and i havent had to SSH it. I'm sure someone knows how to do it without having to SSH it. Thanks for the help though.

Hey, you can try uploading this source.

http://iappcat.com/r/2840

It had a Customize app that works for 1.1.4
    Last edited by ajrulez; 2008-04-27 at 11:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try this it work for me
    Deleted Summur Board, Deleted Customize 2.0 Restart your phone
    Now go to Installer, Down to Tweak 1.1.3(sorry i have a lot of sources ) Download Suid Lib Fix, Then Summer Board, Then Customize 2.0 You must install all this Before restarting you phone and it most be install in this order to work. Restart you iphone. Try it. First time will shutdown; ENJOY

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jibaro3 For This Useful Post:

questioncom (2008-05-23)

What he said^^^^^. However you only needed to have summboard installed first and activated in order for cust 2.0 to work.

Red face I had to restore my phone! Customize 2.0 is impossible now!
    Ok I got an invite code back when they started first alpha testing customize 2.0 and everything worked fine. There were some issues but the productivity of it all seemed very promising. Later I downloaded a theme called Autumn (something) and decided I didn't really like it so changed back to my previous theme. Well when I did the red status bar from the autumn theme stayed...it wouldn't go away. I tried literally EVERYTHING ending in a result of an iphone restore with no other options. Now I can't get back to my customize 2.0. . .I reinstalled it but it crashes immediately after the flash screen. . .is there a simple solution for this yet?

Guyz, please visit the following thread:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51791

This thread has link to a "moded" version of customize that doesn't crash, and works on 1.1.3 as well as 1.1.4. You do not need any invite to use it.
    I have tried this on 3 different iPhones with a 100% success rate.

Although the guide above is for users having access to a Mac, you can pretty much use it with a Windows machine. You can download Putty for SSHing into your iPhone. It is very very easy.

For Windows users, I have modified 2 steps in that guide, and am pasting it here:
    Step 3: You can use iPhoneBrowser to copy files - Drag 'n Drop

Step 4:You can use Putty on Windows (name:root pass:alpine)

Rest of the guide can be followed as is. It crashed for me 2 times initially, but has been mega stable since then.

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    Try this it work for me
    Deleted Summur Board, Deleted Customize 2.0 Restart your phone
    Now go to Installer, Down to Tweak 1.1.3(sorry i have a lot of sources ) Download Suid Lib Fix, Then Summer Board, Then Customize 2.0 You must install all this Before restarting you phone and it most be install in this order to work. Restart you iphone. Try it. First time will shutdown; ENJOY
    only one that worked for me. just got a new phone, and it was a pain in the *** to get customize to work