Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - iphone crashes after installing new 3rd apps

Default HELP - iphone crashes after installing new 3rd apps
    Hi, Im a newbie...need urgent help please...
    I just installed some new applications today (amongst them i think are the iApp-a-day, smsD, new themes for customize app and a simpson ring tone from a new source, which i think what may caused the phone to crash!!!)

When i exit the installer, my iphone wont stop self restarting itself, so i pressed both the home key and the on/off button for 10 sec to restart the phone. When i turned it back on, after the silver apple sign, the screen went crazy, it showed a black and white stripes for few minutes... then finally it took me to my homescreen. But now i cant access any of my applications... when i tapped on something it just self restarted and took me back to the homescreen then repeats the self restarting over and over again, without letting me into any of the applications. I tried to get into the installer to uninstall the apps but it wont let me... What should i do?

can i use ibrickr to uninstall the apps i installed through the installer today?

i use 1.0.2 software

Pleaseee... help!! thx
    Last edited by iphone_dummy; 2007-10-31 at 11:55 AM. Reason: i forgot to put that i use 1.0.2 software

My advice is if u want to install themes then DONT use installerapp at the moment. There is a nasty bug that give the error something like: Main script failed' and after that ur phone will be stuck in a booting loop until u restore the phone...from scratch...via iTunes. Did this 2 times last night.

If you want to install themes until installerapp is sorted out then use iBrickr if u have .2 and for .1.1 use the manual method.

I used iBrickr 91 and it installed the themes fine...looking around for the folders to the rest manually.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JenBell For This Useful Post:

iphone_dummy (2007-10-31)

Default wonderful
    just happened to me bout 10 min ago then i decided to come on here to sort out the prob and i catch this post thats f***** torrific

now im laughing my *** off i originally had a factory 1.0.2 bricked it turned it into apple as a software defect then got a factory 1.1.1. sadly downgraded jus the firmware to 1.0.2. to get my apps back now that stupid installer app crashed it completly so did a software restore and look where im at back to standard 1.1.1. how pathetic is that i bow my head
    Last edited by Thailocalguy808; 2007-10-31 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This was happening to me as well, hopefully this all gets sorted out quickly.

Default hey sup
    well i downgraded back to 1.0.2 and put the very old version of installer app back on then used ibrickr 9 and setup everything the way i used to have it ........ in the installer app it pops up a update to the newer version im going to keep ignoring it till they make a newer release or atleast till the thing doesnt have any sign of beta tagged into the about info ill be fine