Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PocketTouch 1.3 (preview)

Default PocketTouch 1.3 (preview)
    Alright, I made up this little preview video of the 1.3 version of PocketTouch.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfrJhHR__fY"]YouTube - PocketTouch 1.3 Preview[/ame]

the biggest change in this version is that you can now use the "Shake" feature outside of the app, as seen in the supplied video.

I hope to have it released by the end of April.

Thanks,
    Skylar

EDIT: Please excuse my neighbor's weed whacker and my phone's interference with my camera.
    Last edited by SkylarEC; 2008-04-26 at 11:25 PM.

this looks really awesome. good job.

DAMN, with that release ill start using it

so what is pocket touch for. never used it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christoforo View Post
    so what is pocket touch for. never used it
    This app is use for many examples... but I use it when im listening to my music on the iPhone when I'm driving in my car coz the normal Ipod player buttons are too small for me to press when I drive. With this app, I can just swipe to switch tunes and increase volume.

Now with the shaking outside the app feature, one can browse on safari and skip the songs they dont want to hear without closing safari and entering the iPod player to stop it.

now if only someone could fix the volume adjusting issues... at least for me, if i swipe up and then down (without realeasing finger) it still adjusts the volume up for a while. once that gets sorted out, i'm all for the app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djh816 View Post
    now if only someone could fix the volume adjusting issues... at least for me, if i swipe up and then down (without realeasing finger) it still adjusts the volume up for a while. once that gets sorted out, i'm all for the app.
    Yeah I must say the volume swiping is very hard to do... so I just use the volume buttons on the side instead.

now that youve got it running it the background, do you think that you could have the full pockettouch app run itself automatically after a certain idle time. This way, it could basically replace the lock screen. In fact, maybe you could even try replicate the lock screen so that it could be locked while still giving us access to the touch controls. As a touch user, that would be very handy for volume control without having to unlock or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by djh816 View Post
    My thoughts behind the volume:

When you are adjusting the volume, the movements of your finger are slower and more steady than accidently brushing teh screen while reaching for the phone. In an effort to keep people from accidently deafening themselves, I made the volume so that the quicker yuo move your finger, the less it increases volume, while the slower you move your finger, the more volume will increase.

I like that little safeguard. Before I added it in, people were yelling at me about the volume changes being too sudden, etc. Changing the volume mechanism makes it harder to keep that safety net.

That being said, it is on my todo list to improve the volume.

Quote Originally Posted by abross86 View Post
    now that youve got it running it the background, do you think that you could have the full pockettouch app run itself automatically after a certain idle time. This way, it could basically replace the lock screen. In fact, maybe you could even try replicate the lock screen so that it could be locked while still giving us access to the touch controls. As a touch user, that would be very handy for volume control without having to unlock or anything.
    Had 1.1.3 never come out, I would have been all about that. It wouldn't even be all that difficult. Just change com.apple.springboard.plist when the app loads up, telling it to not have SpringBoard lock. Then have a "lock screen" come up after a certain time.

But, as I found out with StatusStyle, there are a lot of people that don't have their Installers set up properly, with the correct permissions. Installer in turn can't give the app the correct permissions. Which in turn causes SpringBoard to reset ALL of its settings when it detects that an app with the wrong permissions messes with its settings.

Now, for those that do want a little more to look at besides the black screen, there are a couple of options.
    • You can replace the image within the app directory called Black.png
    • You can wait a little bit. After 1.3 comes out, I will be working on an extension to the app called CarTouch. Designed for the people who use this in their cars, like me, it will
      • Run on top of MobileMusicplayer, so you can see the album artwork.
      • It will kill CoverFlow, so you don't accidently go into it while the phone is sliding around on the seat.

I already know exactly how I want to implement it, and porting PocketTouch over to CarTouch won't take me all that much time: everything it will need to do will already be incorporated into PocketTouch 1.3.

how does the daemon affect battery life though?

Quote Originally Posted by bootareen View Post
    how does the daemon affect battery life though?
    Oh, I don't know. It probably wears down your battery as much as any other daemon, possible less. It doesn't do anything too complicated. It intercepts the accelerometer data before it can be passed to SpringBoard (not a whole lot of extra work), it then tells the music player to change song when it detects a shake. Again, it's not a whole lot of work, as the MusicPlayer does the work, and it is on and running anyway.