Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant upgarde installer to 3.0b8 File Size Mismatch

Default cant upgarde installer to 3.0b8 File Size Mismatch
    i just had to virginize a 102 unlock and upgrade to 111 and reunlock, all went well. but when i open installer it asks me to upgrade to 3.0b8, when checking package it says package filesize mismatch. tried deleting the app and the var/root/library/installer folder and no luck. any ideas? "ERROR Package file size mismatch"

if anyone else runs in to this problem, i coppied the installer.app and the installer folder from var/root/library/ to my mac from n iPhone with working installer 3.0b8 and then re-coppied it to the phone with the problem. all works great!

if anyone else runs in to this problem, i coppied the installer.app and the installer folder from var/root/library/ to my mac from n iPhone with working installer 3.0b8 and then re-coppied it to the phone with the problem. all works great!
    Last edited by jacobzking; 2007-10-31 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

england98982 (2008-01-27), ultrayan (2007-10-31)

i encountered the same problem to update the installer to 3.0b8, however i don't have another iPhone so could you kindly upload both the installer.app and installer folder so i can fix my iPhone? thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ultrayan View Post
    i encountered the same problem to update the installer to 3.0b8, however i don't have another iPhone so could you kindly upload both the installer.app and installer folder so i can fix my iPhone? thanks a lot!
    Having the same issue. If anyone has the files, please upload them. Thanks.

Just give it some time, the servers will be updated and then you can update from the older version. Patience is a virtue guys!!

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    i just had to virginize a 102 unlock and upgrade to 111 and reunlock, all went well. but when i open installer it asks me to upgrade to 3.0b8, when checking package it says package filesize mismatch. tried deleting the app and the var/root/library/installer folder and no luck. any ideas? "ERROR Package file size mismatch"

A File Size mismatch generally means a bad network connection during download and so the file has a size mismatch of what was downloaded to your iPhone vs. what is on the server.

You generally would either have to wait or try the upgrade again some other time.

want to know what's worse? Having the new installer just up and disappear.kinda hard to use it now

i have the same problem with iphone 1.0.2
    When i update it gives "ERROR Package file size mismatch"
    did u find any solution

You might have run out of room for your applications, since your applications are only on a 100mb partition, thus installer doesn't have enough room to install, try this topic:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12751

I have problem with v3.0b8 too, but my problem is a little bit different. When I'm start update I got message: "No location defined in package". Any sugestions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if anyone needs those installer files i can email them to you....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to therockk For This Useful Post:

kinksind (2008-01-23)

Default I need them
    Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    if anyone needs those installer files i can email them to you....
    I need them please. Thanks.

can you please send them to me to...will this fix the error problem?

And to me too please. Thanks.

Can you send those files to me as well much appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

ill take those files too! aglitch@aol.com

Thanks rocky for sending that email to us that need the files however there were no files attached can you please resend thanks

my dear,

pleas can you send to me the installation file, because i face the same problem and ididn't know anyone here in jordan have iphone

mfathybdalla@gmail.com

thanks in advance

Hi, pls advise how you copied the installer.app and folder. Using ibrickr or winscp ? How did you do it n if I could oso have the files pls - lilywoon@hotmail.com ? Thanks
    Last edited by ruiyan98; 2008-01-26 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can i have also the files ?
    tsbitar@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast