Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install pxl files

Default Install pxl files
    I have 1.1.1 and I did the easy jailbreak. How can I install .pxl files? I read somewhere that ibrickr can still be used to do this but I extracted the ibrickr zip file and I'm afraid to proceed further since all the screens warn me that I need to downgrade. Is there another way?

You can use the latest iBricker. It will install the pxl files needed and ask you to reboot, bla bla. Then you can upload a pxl. I did it with iBricker and one app that I use that is not in installer.

i had same problem all yesterday and i finally got something to work. add these sources to installer via the edit function of the program.
    http://lyndellwiggins.com/Swell.xml
    http://web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml

the easy jailbreakme.com guys are fantastic i recommend this to anyone who wants stuff on thier iphone. only limitations is the access to the iphone directorys. the easy method doesnt really unlock a phone completely it makes a sub part of the root menu. in ibrowser you can only see the files after the root menu. so i found that you can deal with that by combining finder program on your iphone.

finder can move files around your iphone and it has access to all the directorys.

to upload stuff from your computer:
    first i used iphonebrowser

add a folder to applications (pxl) i called mine workingproject.
    drop anything you need on your iphone there.

then open "finder"
    highlight the file you want in workingproject select "file" "move" then negotiate your way around your iphone to place the file whereever you want it.
    Last edited by skihound; 2007-10-31 at 02:36 PM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Quote Originally Posted by skihound View Post
    i had same problem all yesterday and i finally got something to work. add these sources to installer via the edit function of the program.
    http://lyndellwiggins.com/Swell.xml
    http://web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml

the easy jailbreakme.com guys are fantastic i recommend this to anyone who wants stuff on thier iphone. only limitations is the access to the iphone directorys. the easy method doesnt really unlock a phone completely it makes a sub part of the root menu. in ibrowser you can only see the files after the root menu. so i found that you can deal with that by combining finder program on your iphone.

finder can move files around your iphone and it has access to all the directorys.

to upload stuff from your computer:
    first i used iphonebrowser

add a folder to applications (pxl) i called mine workingproject.
    drop anything you need on your iphone there.

then open "finder"
    highlight the file you want in workingproject select "file" "move" then negotiate your way around your iphone to place the file whereever you want it.
    not sure what you are getting at. I can use openSSH/winSCP to see all of my phone so I think I can move the pxl file to any part of the phone. However, is a pxl file executable? I thought it was more of an archived file.

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    You can use the latest iBricker. It will install the pxl files needed and ask you to reboot, bla bla. Then you can upload a pxl. I did it with iBricker and one app that I use that is not in installer.
    when you say "install the latest iBrickr" do you mean that I run iBrickr and click the "see how deep the rabbit hole goes?" button? will that not downgrade my firmware?
    Last edited by ab03; 2007-10-31 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What pxl's are you interested in installing? If you install safari pxl plugin and go to pxl.ibrickr.com in your safari browser you can install from there. Hope this helps!
    Zach
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

Quote Originally Posted by glustic View Post
    What pxl's are you interested in installing? If you install safari pxl plugin and go to pxl.ibrickr.com in your safari browser you can install from there. Hope this helps!
    Zach
    I posted this in the safari thread but I can't get safari pxl plugin to work. I do only want to install pxl.ibrickr.com pxl's. So, I was able to download it and it said that it installed, but the program didn't show up. Also, how do you uninstall a program that you just installed using this method? will it show up in AppTapp?

@skihound:

Research replacing your Services.plist with one that includes afc2 and you can use iPhoneBrowser normally.