Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems loggin into WinSCP

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default problems loggin into WinSCP
    ok.. for some reason i'm having issues logging into the WinSCP client.

I'm using the IP Adress assigned to my phone with the name: root / pass: alpine.. isn't this correct? With the file protocol listed as SCP??

This is annoying it keeps saying Connection Refused. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    ok.. for some reason i'm having issues logging into the WinSCP client.

I'm using the IP Adress assigned to my phone with the name: root / pass: alpine.. isn't this correct? With the file protocol listed as SCP??

This is annoying it keeps saying Connection Refused. Any ideas?
    was having same problem. Is OpenSSH installed, running?

openssh will fix it.
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.1.1. Can't do Cyberduck or WinSCP.

Only way to do this:

Log onto your router, assign a static IP address for your iPhone different than the one that you have been using on your iPhone Wifi right now. So if at the present you are using for example 192.168.0.101 , just assign a static IP on your router for iPhone (copying the same mac address) as 192.168.0.105 (as long as it is not 101).

Go back to your iphone and change the Wifi set up.

Then try to use Putty (because WinSCP has too fast a time out), and you should be recognized. Once done, you can either go back to WinSCP or just keep on using Putty. Your logon and password are correct.

Make sure you have openssh installed, and BSD subsystem installed and running! It works fine with 1.1.1.
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

winscp: as someone up above mentioned, it times out a bit too fast so it took me a couple of tries before it worked. It kept saying it was timing out but on the fourth try, it finally went through

Ive got open ssh and bsd installed on iphone. Ive got winscp installed on my computer. But I dont have a wireless connection. I use a wifi connection in my area. Once I get the wifi on my iphone i find the ip address and log on to winscp. But it wont connect. Is it because I need my own wireless connection on my computer for winscp to connect to my iphone?