Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One button dialer

Default One button dialer
    I have done a search on these forums but I don't see the answer. Some pictures of modded iphones are showing one button dialers (i.e. one icon that when pressed dials a person directly, I assume). How are people making these? I guess you have to make a .appfolder? What do you fill it with?

Here is one I downloaded a while ago.
    You will need to rename the app, maybe change the icon, and change the tel:********** number in the Info.plist file.
    =D
    Attached Files Attached Files

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Where do you place this? In the applications folder?

Yes. Just make a new folder in the apps folder named whatever you want the app to be named. Then put the file in it and you are set. You may want to put a custom icon too.

Default dial
    Don't forget to check the permission. You can use squid to check the box marked Exec under Owner. Do this for all four files.

Jorge

i love this, can you tell me where you got your sources?

also guys if your going to make multiples not only do you change the number/ icon but you need to change the name in "<string>com.dominos.embark</string>" as he has to it whatever you want it to be but they have to be all unique never the same so.......<string>com."unique".embark</string>lol, hope that helps otherwise it just wont show up
    Last edited by kryptedak; 2007-11-02 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linarestribe View Post
    Don't forget to check the permission. You can use squid to check the box marked Exec under Owner. Do this for all four files.

Jorge
    I have no idea how to changes the permissions with WinSCP. Can you give me a little help with this?

Thanks!

this likely came from erica sadun on TUAW.com i think she has a tutorial on her website.

how do you add empty spacers?

Default Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by brettt View Post
    this likely came from erica sadun on TUAW.com i think she has a tutorial on her website.
    To be fair, these guys @ hackint0sh posted this method a bit before Erica's TUAW post, and both are rooted in this site's app creator...which is pretty damn handy on it's own!

Credit where credit's due, you know.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2007-11-11 at 02:03 AM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I followed the directions but get a black screen for a couple of seconds and then it goes home... What am I doing wrong. I see "Don't forget to check the permission". How do I do this on a PC?

Thanks

for windows, use winSCP to check permissions. make sure all 4 files are checked off for "Owner"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't think this is practical. Isn't that the whole point of the "contacts" section on the phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I downloaded winSCP but cant get passed the 1st login screen you see when you open it for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    I really don't think this is practical. Isn't that the whole point of the "contacts" section on the phone?
    The idea is it STREAMLINES the process. Of course you can tap your way into Phone, then Contacts, then locate the person, and then chose their number to call them.

Or use this app to call them directly from your Springboard with one tap...pretty simple advantage if you call a particular number often. But there are certainly other ways to do it, albeit at a much less efficient pace.

Your choice!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.