Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: nes emulator newbie question

Default nes emulator newbie question
    i have recently jailbroken my phone and i have been looking everywhere for posts on the nes games. i found guides from youtube, but they used mac. are there any automatic type programs that i can use for the nes games. i understand u need 2 download roms and u need to download the program from installer, but is there a way to do the whole process without the whole ip address method as i dont have wifi at home.. does anyone have a easy step-by-step guide for windows?

Thanks
    There's no automatic 1-step process to do it right now, but its really not a long process. 5 minutes tops. If you have already jailbroken your iphone then you don't need wifi anymore, unless you want to use winSCP to transfer files on/off your iphone.

Here's all you really need to do;

STEP 1) you need to use a file browser like;

Iphonebrowser
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817

Iphonelist
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Iphonelist

or wait a couple weeks on this all in one program from xxjoebreadxx
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11152

STEP 2) download NES.App onto your PC (google NES.app) for link
    Upload entire NES.app directory into /Applications directory on the iPhone and reboot the iPhone.

STEP 3) upload an NES rom file into
    /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

hope that helps.

so does the version of iphonebrowser matter at all? im seeing v1.4, that will work with my firmware 1.1 right?

ok... kinda confused,so how do u upload the nes app into the /application directory in iphonebrowser? where is the /applications directory?
    Last edited by azureshakr; 2007-10-31 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks. I have been wondering how to do this myself.

Well the way that I actually figured it out was actually installing Swell's source, downloading NES and then he has a section to download a pack of games, making it very easy to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by dchurch21 View Post
    i dont have wifi at home. this guide will not help

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Well the way that I actually figured it out was actually installing Swell's source, downloading NES and then he has a section to download a pack of games, making it very easy to add more.
    what is this swells source that u speak of?
    Last edited by azureshakr; 2007-11-01 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost