Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got Bricked

Default Got Bricked
    Running 1.1.1 got the "appsnapp" jailbreak done and the installer app running.

Installed all of my previous apps with no problems...
    (that was yesterday)...

Today installed 'Dock' and about twenty minutes later crashed the phone. It got stuck between the apple start screen and black and white vertical lines. Rather sad looking. Restored the thing no problem, and starting all over again. Just thought I would warn people, maybe this had nothing to do with 'Dock' program, but seems likely.

my friend did the same thing yesterday, brand new iphone 1 day old, had 1.1.1 and installed appsnapp, bsd subsystem summerboard, customize,ishare tiff the tiff exploit also not sure which one did it in but the phone is done wont restore either. he downloaded the apps using edge also , im not sure if you need wifi to do this or not but im staying with 1.0.2

*sigh* If your phone was bricked, you couldn't restore it.

@DonDirtBiker: Did your friend try putting it into manual restore mode? If he used AppSnapp, what do you mean by "tiff the tiff exploit"? AppSnapp fixes the tiff exploit already and that doesn't need to be installed from Installer.app.

My girlfriends phone also did the same thing with the black and white stripes. it would also go to other images on the phone but it would do it all by itself. I was able to turn the phone off but when ever i would turn it back on it would do the same thing and itunes would not read the phone as connected. i had read another post where it said to run itunes, dock ur iphone, and then turn the phone on but keep holding the home button till itune detects the phone. it worked and i was able to restore the phone. But i also tried using edge with that jailbreak method and did not work for me.

He installed the tiff exploit not knowing this was alrady on, heres the sick part mine just tooka crap tonight, i have 1.0.2 and all was well for a while now, loaded hytimes customize pack and now i have the black and white lines and the spinning wheel wont quit. anybody have any ideas, i am so pissed this sucks bigtime, itunes dont recognize my phone.

help please...

okay i waited till it flashed or kinda restarted and held both buttons down till it said connect to itunes and plugged into my open itunes and it restored,, whhheeeew that was scary..
    i would be careful with the new apptapp and untrusted sources
    like hightymes sorry but right after i installed the customize pack it wasted my iphone maybe it wasnt his stuff but it seemed to happen right after the install, maybe that package was for 1.1.1 and i had 1.0.2 , i did have the new apptapp installed though. hopefuly i can do the same with my buddies phone.

okay, went to the original apptapp page and it now has a warning about installing the early apptapp on 1.1.1. i think we need to organize the newer packages so people dont install the incorrect packages on early firmware relaeases or vice versa as its causing havok for many people.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2007-10-31 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

i tryed everything i have the white and black lines and an endless reboot, i was able to put it into restore mode but it cannot restore, error (5)

am i bricked, whatever that means?!?!?!

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

thank god, i tryed everything and nothing worked but i restarted my computer and tryed it again and was able to restore
    yay

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!