Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Great News from iPhone Video Recorder, WOW

Quote Originally Posted by flrdotcom View Post
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39194

this topic is discussed in great lengths here, the devs for iphone video recorder basically are charging for something they used a open source to create. many people disliked that idea, thus a patch/crack was made
    So you're trying to help us out by further exploiting the continued efforts of one person to justify nothing more than a rumor at this point? Please, lets see a code dump making calls to FFMPEG before we start beating this dead horse again.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    So you're trying to help us out by further exploiting the continued efforts of one person to justify nothing more than a rumor at this point? Please, lets see a code dump making calls to FFMPEG before we start beating this dead horse again.
    x999x is is very obvious that ffmpeg is used. im not attacking anyone and dont think its that big of a deal other than the lgpl stuff, but thats not my business.. thats their business and ffmpegs.. but it is used and isnt hard for anyone to see it. netkas wouldnt have said it unless he personally looked and verified it.

heyy drunk, you've been missed in these conversations haha..whats the latest word on uShow?

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    x999x is is very obvious that ffmpeg is used. im not attacking anyone and dont think its that big of a deal other than the lgpl stuff, but thats not my business.. thats their business and ffmpegs.. but it is used and isnt hard for anyone to see it. netkas wouldnt have said it unless he personally looked and verified it.
    Without the burden of proof, i.e. a code dump, theres no merit to anyone claiming what is or isn't being done behind the scenes.

Its really that simple. I'm not saying it isn't using FFMPEG, I'm just asking for proof. Until that happens, I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Fair enough?

so if someone posts on youll believe it? the only real way to know is to do it yourself.
    i could post anything i want. so can anyone else. thats what makes the internet great, is there everyone is an expert and you should believe everything you read.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Last edited by carlospr21; 2008-04-30 at 04:10 PM. Reason: ...

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    Damn program always crashes when it gets the encoding part. Cant wait for uShow. Come on drunk. I think you have had plenty of time. Make a beta public at least. But still everyone should lay off him. He has put a lot of effort into this, even if it has taken longer than expected. But if we keep taking the micky out of him, he will make us pay! (Literally...)
    Mines never crashed once. Never had a problem encoding. Saving and then encoding later works great. Don't know what's up with yours. Maybe try reinstalling.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

so if someone posts on youll believe it? the only real way to know is to do it yourself.
    i could post anything i want. so can anyone else. thats what makes the internet great, is there everyone is an expert and you should believe everything you read.
    :P

Which is exactly why I have taken all the FFMPEG accusations with a grain of salt.

Ah well, I can see this could go in circles.
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-04-30 at 04:57 PM.

Might be feeding a troll here, but here goes nothing:

1. download and unzip http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/i...eorecorder.zip

2. open iphonevideorecorder in a text editor (yes MS Word will do)

3. do a search for ffmpeg, you get:

Service01FFmpegMPEG2

Even the error messages are still in there, for example "Flash Player limit of 16000 frames reached" - Google it

(note: iphone (audio) recorder is the same)

And to chime in on the licensing debate, releasing the crack, which is a modified version of iphonevideoplayer counter to its licence, is akin to iphonevideoplayer releasing a modified version of ffmpeg counter to ffmpeg's licence.

Neither is right though, but obviously the community's/moderator's opinion seems to be that iphonevideoplayer's licence should be treated with more respect than ffmpeg's.

The real practical concern (unless iphonevideoplayer has paid the licence fees to the MPEG Group), since ffmpeg is not going to do anything, is that iphonevideoplayer contains MPEG Group's patented algorithms, and is profiting from their use.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded this and love it. Until any playback issues get worked out you can download avplayer and it will play your videos just fine. I paid the $ just to support the efforts of folks like this that contribute to the community. I'm code monkey by day so I appreciate what it takes to do something like this.

an imperfect something beats a perfect nothing every time.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i see this thread being closed soon too with some people's negativity =[
    GTA is the best game out though =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by siksik6 View Post
    everything you read... Like your release dates Drunk?
    yea.. exactly! if you havent figured it out yet, i dictate my schedule. not whiners / **** talkers that just sit back and hold out their hand like you.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    Might be feeding a troll here, but here goes nothing:

1. download and unzip http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/i...eorecorder.zip

2. open iphonevideorecorder in a text editor (yes MS Word will do)

3. do a search for ffmpeg, you get:

Service01FFmpegMPEG2

Even the error messages are still in there, for example "Flash Player limit of 16000 frames reached" - Google it

(note: iphone (audio) recorder is the same)

And to chime in on the licensing debate, releasing the crack, which is a modified version of iphonevideoplayer counter to its licence, is akin to iphonevideoplayer releasing a modified version of ffmpeg counter to ffmpeg's licence.

Neither is right though, but obviously the community's/moderator's opinion seems to be that iphonevideoplayer's licence should be treated with more respect than ffmpeg's.

The real practical concern (unless iphonevideoplayer has paid the licence fees to the MPEG Group), since ffmpeg is not going to do anything, is that iphonevideoplayer contains MPEG Group's patented algorithms, and is profiting from their use.
    Thanks for posting, I'm not on a PC so I'll have to open this up on my Mac when the opportunity arises.

This is the FIRST substantial post that has actually addressed the issue at hand.

I'll examine my own binary thats installed on my iphone just to further guarantee what I'm viewing is genuine.

While I think its somewhat of a paradox to take an ethical stance on charging for software given we're all on jailbroken phones, but I guess thats another argument unto itself. I mean if we want to talk about using patented algos... lols.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    Damn program always crashes when it gets the encoding part. Cant wait for uShow. Come on drunk. I think you have had plenty of time. Make a beta public at least. But still everyone should lay off him. He has put a lot of effort into this, even if it has taken longer than expected. But if we keep taking the micky out of him, he will make us pay! (Literally...)

Hi, maybe uShow crashes when your earphone's pluged. I've been through this lil problem but the encoding process will be fine if you just unplug your earphone. Hope this could help.

sorry for my pur english

Thanks

where do i download the video recorder??<-- newb to iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

from dreamcatchers site:

Install Method 1: installer.app method
    Please add iPhone Video Recorder source http://www.iphone-recorder.com/install2 to your iPhone installer.
    How-To: Add third-party sources to your iPhone's Installer.app

iPhone Video Recorder Source: http://www.iphone-recorder.com/install2

After refresh your installer source, you will find iPhone Video Recorder in Multimedia category, install it.

Install Method 2: PXL package method
    Download the PXL package below and use with Breezy (mac), iBrickr (windows) or using the PXL MobileSafari plug in to install it.

Download iphonevideorecorder.pxl (1.0MB)

Supports firmware 1.0.x, 1.1.x (All known versions) iPhone.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

fearlessx (2008-05-01)

likewise!

I would have thought the smiley after the comment would have given it away, but hey-ho!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    He's too busy on forums to finish the app like he said...
    word of advice in the future...
    don't say anything until the app is officially done.
    Learn from the DreamCatcher crew

To be honest, I think when the "iPhone Video Recorder" was release, it had some better features than uShow, which is why it's taking him longer than what he said to release it because he's going back to the drawing board and getting into the specs of their app. Or just wondering around on iPhone forums all day. Don't take it offensive, it's just my opinion.
    haha 1 guy says to put a date on it, and another says i get attacked because i set a date and dont make it.. you see how everyone says something different.. i have been getting exposure ever since my little demo in dec went all over the internet.. its not something i planned for.
    Back to answering my statement...
    I believe that's the case and he should've just been quite until he was officially gonna release it.
    Giving a date that you gonna release something and two weeks later...more like two years the way it's going...and it still isn't out is bad for business.
    Also will cause people to "breathe down your neck" as you say.
    Don't say you're gonna do something on an exact date and you don't fulfill that proposal. That's all I'm saying. You can get bad exposure for not being reliable and letting others in your craft takeover, which is the case now.

Qn for the Dev:

so what happens if, halfway through encoding, a call comes in. does the video get broken?

Thanks

^^^^Thanks for making the app....I will be waiting for the release!! Thanks again!!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast