Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Great News from iPhone Video Recorder, WOW

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

take your time. but I do hope it gets finished at some point. Some people are just impatient.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

yea, ushow will eventually be released. But if he waits too long, or doesnt get it together before 2.0 starts shipping, Im sure Apple will have a video solution ready to go (at a cost). But if ushow is really does come out free of charge and lives up to its hype then it will prevail. But until then we will use what is available and right now this is the best working solution. It would be in the best interest of everyone if these people would collaborate, because eventually it will be free vs. pay software. Iphone-dev team/iliberty, pwnage/winpwn, ibuilder/ipswtool(soon hopefully!) is a great example of collaboration.

on a side note, im sure drunk has plenty on his plate other than making apps for everyone, it'll come when its ready, and if it doesn't so what - at least he was the one who started the process. each program seems to build on its predecessor
    anyone still use Showtime? probably not anymore....
    Last edited by nimavafi; 2008-04-25 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    opened my mouth too soon?? i try and be as quiet as i can but people dont leave me alone .

and usally when someone makes an app and its based off someone elses they give them credit. since i WAS THE FIRST to do it and everyone to this day still does it the way i figured out you can assume i was the one who inspired it.

i could give a **** about people hyping the app up. i actually am sick of it and it consuming all my free time. i wish i never started the damn thing. cause now i feel like i am in titled to finishing it.
    If you don't give a **** about people hyping up your app, then why do you give a **** about this one? If you don't give a ****, your posts in both threads would lead anyone to believe otherwise. Naturally.

Whats interesting is where is this app's author during all this? Maybe he doesn't speak english?

Anyway, I'm not harping on you, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, because a lot of your replies seem contradictory to a point. I want to chalk that up to the artist in you, as code is poetry, and artists are allowed to think with their emotions in that respect.

I am still looking forward to uShow, because anything worth doing is worth doing right imho.

true dat lol

I am the author of this app.
    Thank you all for your interest in our app, and your advices are inspiring.

Yes, we (a developer team of three) are doing our best to improve the app, we will bring out a better video recorder for iPhone soon.

Some new features in a near version:
    Send to Youtube and so on
    Brighter color

Known bugs are being fixed, a newer version is to be released today.
    Keep an eye.

Thomas Williams
    DreamCatcher Ltd.

opened my mouth too soon?? i try and be as quiet as i can but people dont leave me alone .

and usally when someone makes an app and its based off someone elses they give them credit. since i WAS THE FIRST to do it and everyone to this day still does it the way i figured out you can assume i was the one who inspired it.

i could give a **** about people hyping the app up. i actually am sick of it and it consuming all my free time. i wish i never started the damn thing. cause now i feel like i am in titled to finishing it.
    I was entitled to stay out of this until I read this. Were you actually the first one to do it? I mean, you were the first to post about it and put up a site with a screenshot, but no you were not the first to release a working (or in this case) semi-working iPhone video recorder.

I don't care that much but I just think the argument is old already.

Anywoo, This program has potential. I'm glad the dev is making updates and not just saying he will.

Btw, for the sound thing, I just went to my sound settings and turned them off and on and it seemed to fix it. Still wish it's a bug they fix soon.

Just my 2 measly cents.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 2008-04-25 at 04:40 AM.

coldrg:

How are you going to differentiate this application from uShow to tempt people to pay $20 for your application while uShow is free?

I'm thinking people would pay $20 (or more) for a full featured camera application that could also edit videos. Cut, paste, merge, add text, add transition effects between scenes, add music soundtracks, end credits etc. If you don't do something like that, I'm guessing your application will just be forgotten when there's a free alternative that will do exactly the same basic recording with youtube upload. Challenge?

What is the source in the Installer? Thanks in advanced!

Install Method 1: installer.app method
    Please add iPhone Video Recorder source http://www.iphone-recorder.com/install2 to your iPhone installer.
    After refresh your installer source, you will find iPhone Video Recorder in Multimedia category, install it.

hmm.. my phone just restarted during recording...lol idk.. i've been following uShow since the beginning, and usually just keep my mouth shut, but um.. yeah who cares.. free is for me, thirty seconds of this iphone vid recorder right now is kinda cool with me.. no sound issues, but playback after recording sometimes doesnt work.. oh well i havent coded anything, actually i have no idea how to code anything, tried but was unsuccessful so i give credit to all the devs, and say keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    I was entitled to stay out of this until I read this. Were you actually the first one to do it? I mean, you were the first to post about it and put up a site with a screenshot, but no you were not the first to release a working (or in this case) semi-working iPhone video recorder.

I don't care that much but I just think the argument is old already.

Anywoo, This program has potential. I'm glad the dev is making updates and not just saying he will.

Btw, for the sound thing, I just went to my sound settings and turned them off and on and it seemed to fix it. Still wish it's a bug they fix soon.

Just my 2 measly cents.
    um yes i was. back in early december, check your facts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2008-04-25)

um yes i was. back in early december, check your facts.
    drunk what is happening with you? you use to be cool... just ignore all this drama and keep up with the good work, and remember you dont owe nothing to anybody.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by innovaciones View Post
    drunk what is happening with you?
    The Jealousy Monster ?

If he doesn't owe nothing, that means he owes something? Pfft. Ha. I love drama. Thanks for the 30 seconds to record. It's good enough for me.

Im just happy to have the phone and be a part of this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by j00sh View Post
    If he doesn't owe nothing, that means he owes something? Pfft. Ha. I love drama. Thanks for the 30 seconds to record. It's good enough for me.

Im just happy to have the phone and be a part of this experience.
    indeed, 30 seconds is fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass

LOL....dude...you need to get on with your life.
    you supposedly have no time to finalize your app cause everyone is bothering you.....who is bothering you? all the people on the forums? then stop visiting the forums, or stop becoming a HS drama queen in the forums.

you made an app first (says you) that can do what this app does...but didnt release it yet. Thats your own damn fault.

you want credit? by your definition of where credit is deserved... shouldn't you give credit to apple...cause if they didnt make the iphone you wouldnt have made your app. and by that matter...maybe you should give credit to Alan Turing (google it) or even GOD....

credit is sh!te...especially when you did practically nothing on the large end of the scale.

keep fighting...complaining....and moaning...
    when you "finally" release your app....and if its really free and worthy, then you'll get whats deserved...if not... "life sucks"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    But you don't really care, remember? And you don't keep bringing it up at all. No, not at all.

Buhu...

Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
    LOL....dude...you need to get on with your life.
    you supposedly have no time to finalize your app cause everyone is bothering you.....who is bothering you? all the people on the forums? then stop visiting the forums, or stop becoming a HS drama queen in the forums.

you made an app first (says you) that can do what this app does...but didnt release it yet. Thats your own damn fault.

you want credit? by your definition of where credit is deserved... shouldn't you give credit to apple...cause if they didnt make the iphone you wouldnt have made your app. and by that matter...maybe you should give credit to Alan Turing (google it) or even GOD....

credit is sh!te...especially when you did practically nothing on the large end of the scale.

keep fighting...complaining....and moaning...
    when you "finally" release your app....and if its really free and worthy, then you'll get whats deserved...if not... "life sucks"

oh no! the tide is turning and this is getting ugly..... your post alone may have postponed ushow another 2 weeks.... thanks alot lol......

i agree with the part in bold, dont even worry about these bothersome people in the forums, just do YOUR thing. all these other programs arent touching urs, so it doesnt matter. most of these programs are free, and we shouldnt bytch cuz its not warranted, only when something is said and its not done, do people get in a uproar..... its all a big mess, im happy to get anything i love this phone.... i love all the programs being made for it.....

be nice guys before they close this thread....

i wasnt ********. all i said was i did the video code, i released the poc in december and put up logs with text explaining how to capture video, you said i didnt.. i was telling you that you were wrong. that is all i said. its funny how quick people are to misinterpret.

i didnt say you didnt...and kudos if you were first...

but the point remains the same:

Their app is released...yours isnt.

its a competitive world....and if you want to survive..yours either has to be free, better then the others, free, released first (too late), or free.
    Did i mention free is good?

seriously though...spend less time on here, and more time in the studio so that we can get a free app. Cause lots of people will be more forgiving to a free lousy app then a costly good app. look at photoshop and gimp. more and more people are using gimp and its improving...but there is still lots of people willing to *pay* for photoshop. i personally could care less about recording video on the iphone...cause the camera quality blows. but to each their own.
    Last edited by benderbends; 2008-04-25 at 10:13 AM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast