Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Great News from iPhone Video Recorder, WOW

I'm not impressed. Sound hardly comes through, pic is grainy. I've shot better video's with my T-Mobile Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    I'm not impressed. Sound hardly comes through, pic is grainy. I've shot better video's with my T-Mobile Shadow.
    i really am having a hard time figuring out whats wrong with this app for other people. It works great on my phone i have had one issue which isnt a big deal to me on the phone yes the video looks kind of like crap but the second its on my computer it looks amazing for a phone. The only issue i have is that once its on youtube its like the video quality drops. Im not sure why but its almost as if youtube downgrades the quality for watever reason. but the app works fine and sound comes through very clear it does pick up wind noise a little to well but if there is other sounds around they often drown out the wind noise.

Quote Originally Posted by yungfreshgent20 View Post
    i really am having a hard time figuring out whats wrong with this app for other people. It works great on my phone i have had one issue which isnt a big deal to me on the phone yes the video looks kind of like crap but the second its on my computer it looks amazing for a phone. The only issue i have is that once its on youtube its like the video quality drops. Im not sure why but its almost as if youtube downgrades the quality for watever reason. but the app works fine and sound comes through very clear it does pick up wind noise a little to well but if there is other sounds around they often drown out the wind noise.
    the most likely record with their finger over the mic (thus no/sucky sound), and in horrible light conditions (thus poor video quality).

pd: are videos on youtube with lower quality if uploaded with the app, with the pc browser, or both ?

What's new in 1.2.4?

May 28, 2008, New Version 1.2.4 Released:

1. Upload video to Youtube by standard Youtube account
    2. Better stability
    3. Bugs fixed

Newer version out 1.24-1 wonder what is in this update

Keep up the great work
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by coldrg View Post
    May 28, 2008, New Version 1.2.4 Released:

1. Upload video to Youtube by standard Youtube account
    2. Better stability
    3. Bugs fixed
    I never had a problem uploading to youtube, however after the update I can't upload at all.

Hope this gets sorted out.

--Edit

Uploading is working. I have stumbled onto something interesting. If your cursor is in the Password field, your upload will perpetually fail. However, when I moved the cursor to the Title or Description field, the upload worked. Perhaps this a bug if the Password field is in focus? In any case, my YouTube uploads are working again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.jpg  
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-05-30 at 08:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unfortunately my upload failed even without curser in password field... worked perfectly before... please fix

Quote Originally Posted by tinker1970 View Post
    unfortunately my upload failed even without curser in password field... worked perfectly before... please fix
    I just tried uploading again, and it has worked again.

A few things I *did* do prior:

1) I logged into my YouTube account and changed my password
    2) I enabled active sharing, and then turned it off
    3) I logged out of YouTube
    4) Uinstalled IVR
    5) Reinstalled IVR
    6) Powered down my iPhone/turned it back on

I thought Active sharing meant I could be on two machines at once while logged in, but it actually has to do with showing others what you're watching, or something of the sort. In any case, uploading mysteriously started working after doing those 3 things above *and* what I've described in post further up.

I'm not sure what I fixed it exactly, but I've tried to list off what I know I did just before uploads started workign again.

I recorded a 20 minute video. Now that it's on my computer it plays for about a minute and a half and then the video and audio freeze.

Anybody know how to fix it?

It's still on the phone too...same problem when played on the phone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaschew89 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why, but i updated to the new v1.2.2.1 and for some reason it not recording sound, i get this crackling sound at the begining but i try going back to v1.2.2 and it not work either. Is there a setting missing or i remove the app boss tool thinking it screw up the mic for recording. Thank for the help.
    I had the same problem and somone pointed out to me that it was the equalizer in Kate that was causing the conflict. I disabled the EQ and all was well.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-06-14 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanmax3000 View Post
    I recorded a 20 minute video. Now that it's on my computer it plays for about a minute and a half and then the video and audio freeze.

Anybody know how to fix it?

It's still on the phone too...same problem when played on the phone
    BUMPing onto this page

Anybody know a solution or a cause?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Dreamcatcher any chance of adding a 3gp converter. That way we could send videos to other cell phones. Since it appears 2.0 isn't going to satisfy our video and MMS desires.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-06-17 at 04:46 AM.

Problem is not converted correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    Problem is not converted correctly...
    Is that an answer to my question? How do I re-convert it correctly? Sorry for my noobness

Try to re-convert...

If you see red ball at video name front.Press on it and select re-convert or connect to iPhone via SSH copy to your computer and try convert with Quicktime, Mpeg Streamclip etc...
    Last edited by Nettwerk; 2008-06-16 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no longer the option of re-conversion because the program believes that it finished the converting/encoding

I transferred the files onto the computer and they play in quicktime for a minute, then freeze frame while the progress bar keeps going. What format should I try converting to? MPEG streamclip encounters errors when I try to convert them.

Is there a directory where the raw (unencoded) video is so I can try to convert it again from scratch or would it have been overwritten already?

Thanks,

Max

Jun 16, 2008, iPhone Video Recorder to Mac Transfer Released:

We have just released a free utility iPhone Video Recorder to Mac Transfer. It can transfer the videos you record with iPhone Video Recorder to Mac by USB. You can download it here: Http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/ivrtomac.zip

Hey guys i'm having a problem emailing the videos, it goes to the mail app and starts sending but then it crashes my iphone and all i get is a the black screen with the apple...then i have to do a hard reset and wait a few mins for the phone to work again...any suggestions on fixing this? i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it does the same thing every time i try to email a video

As a matter of fact, we are using iPhone's built-in email system. Therefore, problem with sending via email has little to do with the recorder.

1. Please make sure the setting of SMTP server is correct.

2. You may check email attachment setting. Some email systems do not support big-size attachment.

3. You can transfer videos to PC by ibrickr or winscp and so on.
    For firmware 1.1.2 or below: /private/var/root/Media/iPhoneVideoRecorder
    For firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.4: /private/var/mobile/Media/iPhoneVideoRecorder

You can transfer videos to Mac by iPhone Video Recorder to Mac Transfer.
    iPhone Video Recorder to Mac Transfer is a free utility we have recently released. It can transfer the videos you record with iPhone Video Recorder to Mac by USB.
    You can download it here: Http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/ivrtomac.zip

Hope these help.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to coldrg For This Useful Post:

colmiak (2008-06-20)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast