Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIDEKICK Feature Needed!

Default SIDEKICK Feature Needed!
    with t-mobiles sidekick you were able to custom categorize your contacts (family, girls, friends, classmates, etc.) and then view only certain categories at a time if you wish... is there any naitive app with installer that can do this??? i will gladly donate!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

you could try the search.app to quickly find contacts, although this isnt exatly what you were talking about
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

the only 'native' app you need is an Apple computer

sorry, I'm not trying to start a Mac vs PC bashing thread here but syncing my Mac's address book has always had this ability, I have several 'groups' in my contacts that allow me to do exactly what you are asking for, albeit I have to do the grouping on my Mac.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-31 at 01:28 AM.

You can do it on a Windows machine too ;D
    Just need to set it up a head of time, say in Outlook. Then make sure the iPhone is set to receive groups.

Well there you go... no need at all

Default use groups feature of contacts
    on a mac, you can organize your contacts in groups in address book. the iphone mirrors this capability, though i believe it is view only on the iphone. not sure what the pc alternative is

Default Categories
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    You can do it on a Windows machine too ;D
    Just need to set it up a head of time, say in Outlook. Then make sure the iPhone is set to receive groups.
    My Outlook is using categories. iTunes has the option for syncing groups greyed out. When I sync, no groups.....My iPhone doesn't even show an option for groups....

How does one go about "making sure the iPhone is set to receive groups"?