Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize only moves some apps?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Customize only moves some apps?
    I'm running 1.1.1, I've got about one and a half screens worth of apps. I'm trying to arrange them but it only does the first 3 rows on the first screen. The last row and the next screen are just whatever it feels like. Has this happened to anyone else?

Matt

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah. Glad to hear you have this problem too. well, I mean... good to know I'm not the only one. It was way better with 1.0.2

Thanks

Yes, rSBT (Customize) on 1.1.1 can't rearrange anymore than the first 12 (+4 in dock) apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

actually its 16 + 4 in dock. just have to change it in settings. try it. hth

EDIT: I take that back, its 16 plus whatever number you have in dock. You can tell dock to have more than 4.
    Settings says up to 9 in dock but 4 is enough for me. cheers.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2007-10-29 at 09:20 PM.

You can set their order manually though, using the methodology here. It worked for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to devlinrandom For This Useful Post:

DarkoNova (2007-10-30)

I can rearrange all my icons just fine using Customize on 1.1.1. Maybe you guys just ran into some shatty bug. Just restore and try again.

Reako

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    You can set their order manually though, using the methodology here. It worked for me.
    Thanks, I'll try that. Apparently it's a known problem. Guess I'll try the old fashioned way and hope Customize gets an update.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    I can rearrange all my icons just fine using Customize on 1.1.1. Maybe you guys just ran into some shatty bug. Just restore and try again.

Reako
    You must have Super Customize Reako because I haven't seen anybody get more than 16 to re-arrange.

Smile You can still arrange all icons with customize
    If you modify the M68AP.plist(make a backup first) in SpringBoard.app, and move all the apps listed under (thirdParty) and put them under the (iconlist), then when you use rsbt all your apps will be under the SpringBoard section now instead of the Extended SpringBoard section. You can now move them around and then save.

My M68AP.plist must be corrupted. I don't seem to have a "third party" section and all of my icons are still listed under icon list and now NONE of my icons are showing up (not on the dock, not anywhere). Staring at a black phone. Somebody want to upload their M68AP.plist file?

You can take a gander at mine and tell me what's wrong

EDIT: Well, the immediacy of the problem is gone since I had to restore - but I would still like to know what happened.

Incidentally, can I not just edit the .plist files in notepad? was that the problem? anyway, I think maybe something happened when i switched to 14 icons. Still though, with plist file that doesn't look corrupt, I should have been able to go in there and manually change it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ab03; 2007-11-01 at 12:37 AM.

Your plist file looks fine, and I would recommend Notepad++ instead of notepad. I think the reason you don't have thirdParty is because you only have 15 apps(including apple apps) and if you have rSBT SpringBoard Icons set to 16 they all will already be listed under iconList and you should be able to organize those already with rSBT. A good idea would be to install SSH and have it turned on, so that if you do mess up the M68AP.plist you can connect to your phone from your computer and replace the bad file with the backed up one. Install some more apps and you should see the thirdParty. You can take a look at my plist. Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files