Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with BigBoss Tool

Default Help with BigBoss Tool
    I just used the BigBoss Tool to relocate my fonts as I was running out of space. After it was done every app I opened kept crashing, so I turned off my iPhone and tried to restart it. Now my iPhone is stuck at the White Apple Screen and this little circle keeps spinning around endlessly, until it freezes. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hmm from what ive read once you get that spinning circle its time for a restore, but im not sure can someone confirm if im right or wrong?

Well if you have ssh and wifi on you can connect to your phone durring the spinning wheel and reverse the font relocation... I had this same problem, because I use Caterpiller and was able to reverse the fonts...
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to t3abags For This Useful Post:

panzival (2008-04-22)

Ugh, I think I'm gonna cry... Right before I used BossTools I downloaded BossPrefs and turned off my ssh and edge...

Understood, I have learned to leave my wifi on and ssh turns on after a reboot, just because all these apps can only get so much testing, and do not take all things in to consideration... Also every week or so, I make a copy of my apps/files...
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

Had to restore my phone T_T. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by panzival; 2008-04-22 at 04:54 AM.

Looks like i wont be downloading BossTools again. i had the same thing happen to me today and i just got done restoring my iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I have read that alot of users have been having trouble with boss tool. I have used it several time on firmwares 1.1.2,1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and have not had a problem. Has there been an update tp boss tool? Could that be causing a problem and it makes me worry about using it again.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by t3abags View Post
    Well if you have ssh and wifi on you can connect to your phone durring the spinning wheel and reverse the font relocation... I had this same problem, because I use Caterpiller and was able to reverse the fonts...
    Same thing happened to me, I have the death circle on my silver apple I have my wifi on when I restarted but what is ssh? How can I connect to my phone not sure how to do this. How do I go about rstoring my phone? Im such a noob. My phone is useless any help?

Thx,
    Milian

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Do a DFU restore and then re-jailbreak with iLiberty and use the payload to relocate fonts and ring tones during the jailbreak process.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

milian26 (2008-07-03)

I did the DFU but when doing the jailbreak you said to use payload? Will payload just pop up as an option or is it in a tab, file, etc? Thank you very much! I also have tmobile should i remove my SIM?
    Last edited by milian26; 2008-07-03 at 04:15 AM.

Default neeed some help
    Hello,

i used boss tool to relocate the apps, i was wondering how you reverse the process, if you wanted to. also it said you can create a link between the two partitions, i didnt see it.

will appreciate any help i get,

thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Hmm I was wondering the same thing.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out