Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GBA ROMs not saving...

Default GBA ROMs not saving...
    I've searched the forums and all , but i dont have have a wireless conncection so i cant use ssh. Is there any other ways of changing the permission to 0777 with out SSH?

also when i try to change via terminal i get operation not permitted
    Last edited by rawrrawr; 2008-04-22 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

chown -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs

Try this one. If it doesn't work, search in here for another one; something to the effect of "chown -hR..." should be another option.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Use the MobileFinder app to navigate to the GBA roms directory, set the permissions to 777, and this will solve the problem.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    Use the MobileFinder app to navigate to the GBA roms directory, set the permissions to 777, and this will solve the problem.
    ive never used the MobileFinder app till today, how do i re write the permission i click on it but it wont let me set them to 777.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post

Try this one. If it doesn't work, search in here for another one; something to the effect of "chown -hR..." should be another option.
    the thing is whenever i try to change ownership, i get "Operation not permitted"
    Last edited by rawrrawr; 2008-04-23 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rawrrawr View Post
    ive never used the MobileFinder app till today, how do i re write the permission i click on it but it wont let me set them to 777.
    You can't change it to a 3-digit number. So, you have to change the permissions to 0777, not 777.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman94 View Post
    You can't change it to a 3-digit number. So, you have to change the permissions to 0777, not 777.

no no no, thanks for that info though,
    when i open finder i go to the file and click Modify but im not able to change permissions the box just highlights but i cant modify it...

Thanks

chown -R mobile var/mobile/Media/ROMs

is the command that you type in terminal or ssh to make mobile gain ownership of your files.