Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Animated Wallpaper Proof of Concept

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Animated Wallpaper Proof of Concept
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125961

Just trying to get this a little more exposure; the original thread's name is a bit ambiguous...

Definitely a cool app, but how do you get it to play video instead of cycling through the wallpapers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    Definitely a cool app, but how do you get it to play video instead of cycling through the wallpapers?
    Uhhhhhh, it is playing video.

whats the app called

Excellent. Hopefully we can see this soon.

does this play well with Customize 2.0? bueller? bueller?

Ya, it works fine with customize 2.0. Just make sure the "theme wallpaper" is set to "off" under summerboard.

@ sogo, I wouldn't really say that cycling through wallpapers is playing video. I guess I was wondering how to upload a custom video to play in the background.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wine_guy For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (2008-04-21)

The Youtube shot shows an actual video segment being played, that is just cool. Hopefully it will be released.

Alright, so now how do I turn it off... I click the button for off and then press the home button to back out, since there is no save and exit (would be nice) and then click back in and the setting is back on...
    Any idea's?

Oh... and DL it again to see if that works out with the SB settings...
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 2008-04-21 at 05:50 AM. Reason: DL and Deleted app but still shows the last image

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you do this? Can you set custom wallpaper movies yourself?
    iLive an iLife

If you just turn it off, and then turn the summerboard theme wallpaper back on, it turns off. I think it turns on every time you start the app.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    The Youtube shot shows an actual video segment being played, that is just cool. Hopefully it will be released.
    That is exactly what I want to know how to do.

Thanks

is this on idanstaface's source? Maybe if you ssh into the iphone and look around you could possibly put your own video in there
    iLive an iLife

good job idanstaface's, way to help out and post some useful gnikcuf info for us all....

Ya, its in idanstaface's source. I will look around, but I think it just takes the images from your stock "wallpapers" folder and cycles through them. I'm not even sure what type of video format it would support.

Thanks

Ya, its in idanstaface's source. I will look around, but I think it just takes the images from your stock "wallpapers" folder and cycles through them. I'm not even sure what type of video format it would support.
    Yeah i have no idea i havent downloaded it yet but it wouldnt hurt to look around and try some things

Ok so i downloaded it and ssh-ed into my phone and couldnt find anywhere one might put a video
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-04-21 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

Did the same and I didn't see anything either... could there be anyway to link this to the video folder or is that just plan silly?

Thanks

Ya, it works fine with customize 2.0. Just make sure the "theme wallpaper" is set to "off" under summerboard.

@ sogo, I wouldn't really say that cycling through wallpapers is playing video. I guess I was wondering how to upload a custom video to play in the background.
    Maybe I am watching a completely different video, but after he unlocks the phone, there is water rippling in the background. That is either video, or a damn good looking gif image.

Warning! this is nothing to do with rWallpaper!
    its just a soft who run on my iphone, in development.
    I don't know ATM if i include it in rWallpaper or develop another software for animated wallpaper
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

Blackwidow74 (2008-04-23)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast