Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Animated Wallpaper Proof of Concept

Awesome... refreshing now...

Thanks Skrew,

This is a great app. I already made a little demo on YouTube. Check it out.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h01yX8skM4c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h01yX8skM4c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Dirty as I wanna be!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (2008-04-28), patrickj (2008-04-28), skrew (2008-04-28)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

i just updated to v.03 and it does not work

:edit: jk it works now, does this release enable you to add your own .mp4 or whatever? And if not how do you add your own vids?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-04-28 at 12:50 AM.
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    i just updated to v.03 and it does not work
    I updated and mines working just fine. I can switch between the flame and the water dropping with ease.

I wish I would have waited for the update before making my demo video.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (2008-04-28)

HOLY Crap I did the same... yours looks better though!

dirtybird can you make another one so I can link to it?
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 2008-04-28 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey Skrew,
    How can we add our own video's, is there a way? I tried uploading to the folder where your vid's are but they don't show up in the app. I did try respringing and restarting. V 0.3 works on 1.1.3 with no problems. I had an idea of making some of the trailers of my fav. movies as video wallpapers.

Nevermind: I was adding the vids to the wrong folder now I got it.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-04-28 at 01:01 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Vo.3 works great for me... 1.1.4 with iLiberty+

I've added some videos in .mp4 format and they work. The only problem is that it seems to freeze up when it tries to replay. If I lock the phone and unlock it plays again but keeps freezing right at the loop point.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

im about to refresh, is it still cool on 1.1.2; Erica says hi skrew, keep it up!!!
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    I've added some videos in .mp4 format and they work. The only problem is that it seems to freeze up when it tries to replay. If I lock the phone and unlock it plays again but keeps freezing right at the loop point.
    how did you add videos?

I had some AVI files of my daughter that I tried to convert using videora and I put it in the video folder of the app. When I try to change the video the videos are not shown, only the fire and the drop videos are there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

can you loop them into one long playing file?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks Skrew,

This is a great app. I already made a little demo on YouTube. Check it out.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h01yX8skM4c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h01yX8skM4c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Great app. Great video - and very good song selection for it ...

Default For Skrew: YouTube glitch
    I've figured out that when you have your wallpaper video playing you cannot watch any other videos. You must turn off vWallpaper and then you can watch YouTube vids again.

I'm guessing the phone doesn't want to play 2 videos at the same time. Not sure if you'll be able to fix that. I love the app though. Just for anyone that tries to view YouTube vids at the same time remember you have to turn off vWallpaper first.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    how did you add videos?

I had some AVI files of my daughter that I tried to convert using videora and I put it in the video folder of the app. When I try to change the video the videos are not shown, only the fire and the drop videos are there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    They go into the /Library/Skrew/Videos folder, I did the same mistake, not in the video folder in the application. I just did the hitman trailer video and it just looks great, awesome.

Edit: I encoded with imtoo video converter with a 640x480 resolution and that gives me two strips for icons on the top and bottom and the video plays in between. It loops with no hickups sooo smooth :-)
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-04-28 at 01:30 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

Gom33 (2008-04-28), sgt sm00th (2008-04-28)

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    They go into the /Library/Skrew/Videos folder, I did the same mistake, not in the video folder in the application. I just did the hitman trailer video and it just looks great, awesome.
    Is yours freezing at the loop point?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Is yours freezing at the loop point?
    No, not at all. My vid is 28mb 1.54 minutes and it does maybe take 0.3 seconds to start over again. Almost seamless.

This app is bada$$, thanks Skew!!!! I'll be sending a few beers your way.

1.1.3 and working here. I did notice that video recorder would freeze if vwallpaper was running, same as others have had happen. Other than that works great so far.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post

Edit: I encoded with imtoo video converter with a 640x480 resolution and that gives me two strips for icons on the top and bottom and the video plays in between. It loops with no hickups sooo smooth :-)
    thanks brother! got it to work... i am loving this app, now i get to see my daughter dance everytime i unlock my phone, hahaha... this is great skrew...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

so what source plezzz
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

add www.i.danstaface.net to your sources, refresh, and then look for vwallpaper, I think it was under multimedia.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast