Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 166

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Animated Wallpaper Proof of Concept

  1. #41
    Well, I put in my own video. I deleted yours and put my own which was also named fire.mov. My video would not display, even after a Reboot. It continued to show the fire explosion even though that movie was no longer on the iPhone.

    I lost my icons after performing a few reboots trying to bring up my own video. After sliding the red slider to Power Off, the progress spinner would display and immediately bring up the apple logo. This would then just jump right back into the springboard, it wouldn't power down, more like restart the springboard. Its at this point I lost my icons. I got the iphone to power down correctly, and returning to the springboard showed no icons, only the fire animation.

    To get my icons back I had to double tap the home button to take me into Quick Contacts list. When I exited the contacts list, my springboard was back to normal, all the icons were visible, and the fire movie was playing the background. It still wouldn't play my fire movie though, which was of a spinning logo. Instead it continued to display the fire explosion.

    Once my icons were back I just turned off the vWallpaper and posted here, hoping to find an answer on getting my own video to play. My format is mp4 and is formatted to iphone dimensions. I renamed it to fire.mov, without success.

    Thanks for the response.

  2. #42
    Default This Is Badass
    This **** Is Badass Thank You Sooo Much

    Cant Wait For More Videos

    A Video Of Racing Down The Road From The Drivers Seat Would Be Sweet

    I Am Buying You Some Beer Thanks

  3. #43
    The one thing I have noticed is that the phone will not go into auto lock with the video running. You can manually lock the phone but it does not auto lock. I'm letting it run to see what kind of batterly life I get with it on the whole time. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Well, I put in my own video. I deleted yours and put my own which was also named fire.mov. My video would not display, even after a Reboot. It continued to show the fire explosion even though that movie was no longer on the iPhone.

    I lost my icons after performing a few reboots trying to bring up my own video. After sliding the red slider to Power Off, the progress spinner would display and immediately bring up the apple logo. This would then just jump right back into the springboard, it wouldn't power down, more like restart the springboard. Its at this point I lost my icons. I got the iphone to power down correctly, and returning to the springboard showed no icons, only the fire animation.

    To get my icons back I had to double tap the home button to take me into Quick Contacts list. When I exited the contacts list, my springboard was back to normal, all the icons were visible, and the fire movie was playing the background. It still wouldn't play my fire movie though, which was of a spinning logo. Instead it continued to display the fire explosion.

    Once my icons were back I just turned off the vWallpaper and posted here, hoping to find an answer on getting my own video to play. My format is mp4 and is formatted to iphone dimensions. I renamed it to fire.mov, without success.

    Thanks for the response.
    strange
    can you send me your video ?
    BTW, each time springboard reload, the video are reloaded too ... (i have tested with many videos)

    I used ffmpeg for converting video.
    320x480, .mov output.
    if you put sound, the sound are played too, fun but boring fast!

    The format are the same for the future application, iToday
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

    hookerpuncher (2008-04-27)

  6. #45
    Alright, I have Customize 2.0, iLiberty+ 1.1.4, I changed the settings to on/off (all the different combo's) for the SMB preferences... still nothing.
    I even tried turing vWall on and off... restarted phone after each time to make sure setting "stuck".... nothing.
    Any idea's?

    Some how, it is working now... I turned Theme WP and WP off. I did this before but now it works... cool with me! Anyone got some other converted video for this to share?
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 2008-04-27 at 08:58 PM. Reason: UPDATE

  7. #46
    Default cant find itoday
    cant find itoday in installer

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    The one thing I have noticed is that the phone will not go into auto lock with the video running. You can manually lock the phone but it does not auto lock. I'm letting it run to see what kind of batterly life I get with it on the whole time. I'll let you know what I find out.
    ok thanks, i have removed the autolock because of dev so i don't see that.
    i put on my todolist.

    Quote Originally Posted by trea916 View Post
    cant find itoday in installer
    its not out yet
    Last edited by skrew; 2008-04-27 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

    trea916 (2008-04-27)

  10. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Well, I put in my own video. I deleted yours and put my own which was also named fire.mov. My video would not display, even after a Reboot. It continued to show the fire explosion even though that movie was no longer on the iPhone.

    I lost my icons after performing a few reboots trying to bring up my own video. After sliding the red slider to Power Off, the progress spinner would display and immediately bring up the apple logo. This would then just jump right back into the springboard, it wouldn't power down, more like restart the springboard. Its at this point I lost my icons. I got the iphone to power down correctly, and returning to the springboard showed no icons, only the fire animation.

    To get my icons back I had to double tap the home button to take me into Quick Contacts list. When I exited the contacts list, my springboard was back to normal, all the icons were visible, and the fire movie was playing the background. It still wouldn't play my fire movie though, which was of a spinning logo. Instead it continued to display the fire explosion.

    Once my icons were back I just turned off the vWallpaper and posted here, hoping to find an answer on getting my own video to play. My format is mp4 and is formatted to iphone dimensions. I renamed it to fire.mov, without success.

    Thanks for the response.
    Renaming mp4 movie files to mov files does not work, not even on a pc. That's the reason why the vwallpaper app can not play it. I am looking for some mov files as I write this and also for a avi to mov file converter, as I have a few avi files. It would be nice if everybody puts up their mov files for download here. It is a very nice app, thanks Skrew.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  11. #49
    Wait for the next update (1-2 hours) you can select video.
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

    dirtybird1977 (2008-04-28), hookerpuncher (2008-04-27), iBlade (2008-04-27)

  13. #50
    Wow, that would be really great. It is 11pm now here and I will wait up for the update. Thanks again.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

    ggeegino (2008-04-28)

  15. #51
    Here is a video idea that is the shi!

    A guy running up to the screen from off to the side... he is running full force at the screen and runs right into it and falls down...

    what is the source again... to tell a friend
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 2008-04-27 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Renaming mp4 movie files to mov files does not work, not even on a pc. That's the reason why the vwallpaper app can not play it. I am looking for some mov files as I write this and also for a avi to mov file converter, as I have a few avi files. It would be nice if everybody puts up their mov files for download here. It is a very nice app, thanks Skrew.
    Thanks, I'll have a go with iMovie then, and output as mov. If that fails its nothing VMware + XP can't fix

    @Skrew

    My video won't work apparently. I've got some errands to run, but when I get in I'll have a go at proper conversions and post my results.

  17. #53
    duuuuuuudddeeee

    thanks alot this is great, i was looking for this since day one........ its perfect..

    only .mov's??? any other formats???
    gonna get a avi to mov program, and play a whole movie in the background if i can lol

  18. #54
    it can read any format who work with ipod video player on iphone...
    So you can look on all tutz about video converting for iphone/ipod
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

    dirtybird1977 (2008-04-28)

  20. #55
    That's good news this way we can use just any iphone video converter that we have. Can't wait for the update to choose our video's :-)
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  21. #56
    million dollar question is where can i find some wallpapers that loop or anybody know of a program where i can make my own

    ok i tried a mov, but no picture, but the sound was playing..........
    Last edited by imnotfunny; 2008-04-27 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    million dollar question is where can i find some wallpapers that loop or anybody know of a program where i can make my own

    ok i tried a mov, but no picture, but the sound was playing..........
    If you want to just loop wallpapers use rWallpaper, with this app you can use videofiles and that is alot nicer.

    I do have a question for Skrew, how long can the video be? Thanks.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  23. #58
    Default camera
    camera app freeze's mid picture when wallpaper is turned on

    but great app thanks

  24. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    where do i ge this itoday app?
    iLive an iLife

  25. #60
    Version 0.3 here ... refresh your installer sources.

    iBlade : i have tested with an episode of black books its work... so 30 minutes its ok but it take some seconds to load, so you lose a little reactivity of iphone when you unlock
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

    dirtybird1977 (2008-04-28), hookerpuncher (2008-04-28)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •