Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootneuter available from iClarified installer source

Default Bootneuter available from iClarified installer source
    I noticed the bootneuter app available from installer. Will it work the same as if you install it with the pwnage tool?

And will it work for people that are just jailbroken and not pwned?

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    I noticed the bootneuter app available from installer. Will it work the same as if you install it with the pwnage tool?

And will it work for people that are just jailbroken and not pwned?
    YES.. I installed it on my 1.14 iPhone via installer, unlocked with iLiberty+ using a 3.9 FB Bootloader. I used bootneuter to reflashed bootloader to 4.6 and unlock . Works perfectly on UK Vodafone

Hi All

oki, now for a very stubied quastion.. I'am quait new to the iPhone, came over from win. mobile (HTC Touch)...

Well I have heard alot about this app "bootneuter", and people seems to be very happy flashin theirs bootloader to 4.6...

I unlocked my iPhone with ZiPhone 2.6b and everything seems to work great, but how do i found out what ver. bootloader i got, and assuming that i have 3.9, what good is it to use the app to flash it to 4.6, and what's the deffernce between 3.9 and 4.6 otherwise then that the 4.6 us newer ???

Thank u so much

Quote Originally Posted by CoBra1 View Post
    Hi All

oki, now for a very stubied quastion.. I'am quait new to the iPhone, came over from win. mobile (HTC Touch)...

Well I have heard alot about this app "bootneuter", and people seems to be very happy flashin theirs bootloader to 4.6...

I unlocked my iPhone with ZiPhone 2.6b and everything seems to work great, but how do i found out what ver. bootloader i got, and assuming that i have 3.9, what good is it to use the app to flash it to 4.6, and what's the deffernce between 3.9 and 4.6 otherwise then that the 4.6 us newer ???

Thank u so much
    if you install the app it will tell you what BL you have and whether or not your neutered or unlocked

oki thanx for the reply, but still u did'nt answer my quas. -->

assuming that i have 3.9, what good is it to use the app to flash it to 4.6, and what's the deffernce between 3.9 and 4.6 otherwise then that the 4.6 us newer ???

Thank u so much

There really isn't a whole lot of difference these days between the two bootloaders. The main reason for using bootneuter for upgrading/downgrading is for warranty repair/exchange services.

Say for example you used ziphone to unlock your iphone with 4.6 bootloader. It downgrades the bootloader to 3.9 in the process, voiding the warranty. Now, with the bootneuter app, you can flash back up to 4.6.

Bootneuter just gives us one more way to control every aspect of our iphones. Now bootneuter is the preferred way to unlock the baseband as well.
    Last edited by wine_guy; 2008-04-22 at 02:26 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wine_guy For This Useful Post:

CoBra1 (2008-04-22)

:-) Thank u so much for this answer ...

For some reason I thought using ZiPhone in version 2.4 wouldn’t downgrade the bootloader. The interface looked so clean that I just went for it.
    With BossPrefs I disabled EDGE and used the iPhone without problems.
    But it always bugged me a bit that my bootloader might be 3.9.
    So I installed BBinfo and… I had the BL downgraded to 3.9.

Looking for a way to restore the bootloader, I came across BootNeuter.
    But since I’m on Windows and couldn’t do all that scripting/coding that was posted on some webpages, I waited.
    On 04/22 I discovered BootNeuter in the iClarified folder of Installer!!!
    Well, I took the jump and installed it and flashed the BL.
    I was scared. Waiting while it said flashing. Then it advanced and said flashing Baseboard. Now I was even more scared since it took forever and I thought, maybe I should have upgraded to 1.1.4 first before doing all this.
    But then it came back. However performance was quite sluggish and the Bluetooth slider grayed out.
    So I did a restart and now everything is perfect.
    It’s great, just in Safari, I have to accept our office’s Cisco security setting more frequently than I used to.

Lesson: Use iLiberty+ in the future.
    But now, I can get my iPhone warranty exchanged anytime.

I love my iPhone!