Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Dock" App Problem - Main script execution failed!

Angry "Dock" App Problem - Main script execution failed!
    Hello everyone,

mmmm having a little trouble with sunburst AKA Dock. After I upgraded to 1.1.1 using IDemocracy, uninstalled + reinstalled all of my apps, one app refuses to uninstall. Dock. Everytime I try to uninstall it, I get this error from installer: "Error Main script execution failed"
    Anyone know how to fix this?

I love this app

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling manually?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I got this yesterday, theres one file that it can't overwrite for some reason.

Delete (manually with WinSCP or whatever) the 'Dock' folder in the

root/usr/local/bin/

directory, then try to install again.

This worked for me, seems it don't remove this file, even if manually installed.
    Last edited by corky100; 2007-10-28 at 12:00 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by corky100 View Post
    I got this yesterday, theres one file that it can't overwrite for some reason.

Delete (manually with WinSCP or whatever) the 'Dock' folder in the

root/usr/local/bin/

directory, then try to install again.

This worked for me, seems it don't remove this file, even if manually installed.

Mmmmm, theres no dock folder in that dir. No idea why =S

The only other file is the 'com.natetrue.dock.plist' file in root/library/launchdaemons

Unless you have the 'dock' file or 4 png's in the first directory (usr/local/bin) without being in a dock folder?

Great...
    Theres none of that, I think that Installer unistalled it but it still thinks its on there..

see if theres a version still in the uninstall section of Installer... otherwise I'm at a loss!

I have the same problem as the OP. Main script execution keeps failing (presumably because it's not there and neither are any of the Dock files or directories).

There is no sign of Dock being installed anywhere other than Installer.app's Uninstall list.

Installer.app seems to be pretty much undocumented at the moment. Anyone know where the text file is that tells you what applications are installed or if such a file even exists? I'm comfortable with using vim to hand-edit the file. It would be nice if Installer.app doesn't gave you an option to reinstall or told you where things are being installed in the filesystem so you can look them up later if need be. Since it doesn't do any of these things, I don't know where to look.

/var/root/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist

edit out dock entries in the plist.

restart phone..

reinstall dock...

enjoy..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkurasz For This Useful Post:

bcarlisl (2007-10-31), custom2005altima (2007-10-30)

That did the trick, although I had to use pico instead of vim because vim kept doing weird things when I'd press the arrow keys to navigate through the file. :'(

The file is nicely structured in an organized manner so if you search for natetrue in the file you will come to the entry that references the Dock application.

Everything between the <dict> and </dict> tags which contain the appropriate entry needs to be deleted.

That said, anyone know if there's a way to change the default shell to BASH or know of a good tutorial for zsh? I'm kind of a noob to it since I've really only used BASH in any of the Linux distributions I've installed on my machines.

Ugh... Wish I could do that... Now installer doesn't even work... Posted another post - Now when I open installer, it crashes to the springboard... ugh..

every time i try to download something it say "Error in script command 1: InstallApp" does anyone know wat that is or how to fix it