Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P2P on iPhone?

Default P2P on iPhone?
    hello everyone. i was wondering if anyone has heard of a someone developing a Peer to peer file sharing system for our iphones. I think this would be an amazing idea. the iPhone certainly has enough power and with a fast wifi connection it could be great. i love the itunes interface on the iphone, its so simple. something like that but free, of course, would be amazing! Then after you download the song it will automatically add itself to the ipod feature. something along those lines. anyway let me know if anyone has heard anything.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's been done! Erica Sadun has created an implementation of Bonjour for the iPhone.
    Check it out at TUAW.com:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/23/send-...ne-to-another/

If you mean something more like a BitTorrent or Limewire type deal, I think we'll see something in the future.

ya already read about bonjour. Its impressive but not quite what I was looking for. I was talking more like limewire like you stated. I think its highly possible. We just need a really good coder for that. If we use IRC and request a packet will the iPhone accept it?