Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More SummerBoard woes.

Default More SummerBoard woes.
    Hi, I've been lurking for a while.. but after installing summerboard, the smb fix by david, and various other solutions all I end up with is a version of SummberBoard which says it's active, but will not display my theme list.

I updated to 1.1.4 then jailbroke via ZiPhone last night. Everything else is working absolutely 100% perfect. I assume this was my fatal error.

So, does anyone have step-by-step instructions as to how i should get this working? I've searched all over the forums, but none of the previous fixes seem to be working... and the one that's come CLOSEST to working is David's SMB Fix (by making the SMB pref say active instead of inactive)

Any help is always appreciated.

All I did was update iphone to 1.1.4, unlocked/jailbroke the phone using ziphone, added the summerboard app version 3.2 and everything has been fine for me.

I didn't unlock my iPhone (I have ATT). But that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Not from what I know of, shouldn't make a difference. It's the jailbrake that allows you to install 3rd party apps.

Well, I'm not having ANY problems installing other third party apps..

I open installer, go to System, then SummerBoard. Install, try to turn off, springboard resprings, then I can turn it off. When I reboot, I have a background... But I STILL cannot view my downloaded themes (or any, if there are already default themes)... Its just a blank page.

I have a feeling that it is a setting in springboard. You don't need to turn it off if your installing themes e.t.c.

On your desktop of your iphone, SMBprefs is the icon you wanna launch.

The settings I have is as follows.

Appearance
    Theme - Set A Theme
    Theme Wallpaper - On
    Theme Status Bar - On
    Theme Icons - On
    Theme Dock - On

Advanced
    Wallpaper - On
    Dim Wallpaper - Off
    Hide Icon Labels - Off
    Hide Dock Labels - Off

Those are the exact settings I have on my SMBPrefs.

There's still a blank page where my list of themes should be. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas as to why they wouldn't' be showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJollyMunchkin View Post
    Those are the exact settings I have on my SMBPrefs.

There's still a blank page where my list of themes should be. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas as to why they wouldn't' be showing up?
    Have you uninstalled it and re-installed summerboard?

It is jailbroken right? *shrugs shoulders*

tl;dr

1.1.4 jailbreak on iphone
    summerboard will not let me view themes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm gonna try to help you out cuz i discovered that people in this forum aren't as helpful as those in other forums...just my opinion but that's what my experience has been being new to this forum.

your themes might be in the wrong directory like mine were and were not showing up in SMBPrefs. make sure your themes are in:

var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes

and NOT in

var/root/library/summerboard/themes

they wont show up if it's under that.

hope that helps.
    Last edited by iGrooveLA; 2008-04-21 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iGrooveLA View Post
    i'm gonna try to help you out cuz i discovered that people in this forum aren't as helpful as those in other forums...just my opinion but that's what my experience has been being new to this forum.

your themes might be in the wrong directory like mine were and were not showing up in SMBPrefs. make sure your themes are in:

var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes

and NOT in

var/root/library/summerboard/themes

they wont show up if it's under that.

hope that helps.

I just hope that wasn't pointed to me? I tryed and I have only had my iphone for 3 working days.

/Private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

The above is where I have my themes installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh no. not you.

Quote Originally Posted by iGrooveLA View Post
    oh no. not you.
    Good Good.