Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3rd party apps start and exit?

Default 3rd party apps start and exit?
    Ok im running 1.1.4 on my iphone. I tried installing apps with total commander copied the .app folder to the applications folder. It adds the icon normaly on my iphone but when i tap it, it start (shows a loading image of the game) and then exits. I can't use wifi as i don't have it at home, so is there any other way?

You need to change the permissions of the apps after installing them. Use ssh to change the permissions of the apps to 755. But you should be able to install most apps over edge. Just not the big ones, takes too long. Most apps are under 1 meg.
    Last edited by wine_guy; 2008-04-20 at 10:24 AM.

yes but how do you change permission of an app? i tried chmod 755 in the line bar but it didn't work...

use winscp go to applications folder and change all the apps and all the files in their folders to 755, just right click and click properties and at the bottom youll see permissions.

don't you need wifi for winspc? and i don't want to use edge is very expensive

download mobilefinder and set permissions that way

is there no way to get this done without the wifi or edge? How do i install mobile finder? i don't have wifi or edge at home
    Last edited by Revos; 2008-04-20 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revos View Post
    is there no way to get this done without the wifi or edge? How do i install mobile finder? i don't have wifi or edge at home
    Yes, you can use iPhuc to transfer files to your iPhone via a USB connection.

again you need internet to download iphuc...

Quote Originally Posted by Revos View Post
    again you need internet to download iphuc...
    If you are posting here, you have to have some kind of internet.

i meant as in iphone internet
    nvm got it to work via iphone pc suite

im wondering where can i get packages of apps with .pxl extension?