Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any fitness people? looking for something like total fitness

Default any fitness people? looking for something like total fitness
    hi guys. since getting my totally tricked out dope iphone on initial launch of the phones, i still believe it or not am carrying my blackberry pearl, cause there is just one program that i can not find a third party app to replace. I would be so ever greatful if someone out there could suggest a program for the iphone that would replace "total fitness"which is a diet exercise tracking program where you record all your data and it tells you how much you can eat for the rest of the day without getting chubby, you get the idea.
    there is one webapp gyminee, but it is not in dept enough.. thank you so much.
    cheers, denise

Being a fitness freak myself, I would love to see that for the iphone.

I would also love to see that mind you I can track most of that in my head now:P but having it on the iPhone with all my workouts and diets that are already on there would be sweet

i have been thinking of doing an app for fitness since a while ago, but really cant think of what the app should do.. i havent seen any good examples of a fitness app to base it off so thats why i havent started..

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    i have been thinking of doing an app for fitness since a while ago, but really cant think of what the app should do.. i havent seen any good examples of a fitness app to base it off so thats why i havent started..
    well, the one that i am using now for the black berry is super great. and i have used a bunch of different ones. its called total fitness. if you google total fitness for blackberry you will find it.

basically you start out with a personal profile.. height , weight, goals, diet, you can choose lo fat or lo carb, or customize one based on certain health issues, ie salt ect..

then you enter your meals. it has a huge database, and you can customize things that you eat all the time and enter in your own foods.

it keeps a running total... for example... you ate 600 cals, and your total for the day is 1600 if you want to stay on track for your goals..

the thing that i like about this program is that it also shows you the catagories of foods that you have already eaten.. so for example, if you are starving and want a snack, you can see if you can eat more carbs, or proteins for that day without going over...

then, you put in our work outs, and it also adds to cals burned for the day.

it gives you nice little graphs of your progress. and i think you can also somehow have it sync with your polar heart rate monitor, but i dont use that feature. its pretty great. wish they would write if for iphone!

denise

Default There is just that
    Quote Originally Posted by toni22 View Post
    hi guys. since getting my totally tricked out dope iphone on initial launch of the phones, i still believe it or not am carrying my blackberry pearl, cause there is just one program that i can not find a third party app to replace. I would be so ever greatful if someone out there could suggest a program for the iphone that would replace "total fitness"which is a diet exercise tracking program where you record all your data and it tells you how much you can eat for the rest of the day without getting chubby, you get the idea.
    there is one webapp gyminee, but it is not in dept enough.. thank you so much.
    cheers, denise
    There is an iPhone App called "Total Fitness". It does just that. Its on Sale now as I write this up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

There is also one that i use on the iphone called "livestrong" you can enter your weight and then the weight you wish to reach and it tracks the calories of what you eat when you it and it also tells you how many calories you burn when doing a certain physical activity (i.e weight lifting) its a pretty useful app and its free
    waiting on my iPhone 6+