Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [IMPROVISED] Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock/YouTube Virgin iPhones v1.1.1

  1. #1
    iPhoneaholic ReVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BOOTLOADER
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 526 Times in 109 Posts

    Post [IMPROVISED] Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock/YouTube Virgin iPhones v1.1.1
    Everyone is STRONGLY advised to use this:

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12427
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-26 at 06:50 PM.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

    adit555 (2007-10-23), hernz (2007-10-24), murtnabila (2007-10-24), narry007 (2007-10-28), nyasa (2007-10-25), Tanzer360 (2007-10-24), tientoan (2007-10-23), vertu (2007-10-23)

  3. #2
    it's a great instruction here...

    really appreciate that

    anyway, i just wanna ask whether there is a way to fix a bricked iphone.. like virginization or ..... ???

    Plus, u said must have the SIM inside always.. u mean AT&T SIM or my own SIM..

    tony
    Last edited by tientoan; 2007-10-23 at 06:30 PM.

  4. #3
    tientoan, check out the new virginizer the Dev Team put out today.. . Thanks for the instructions ReVan!! Finally someone put the info together!

  5. #4
    Hi again Revan,
    Thanks a lot for the lovely guide once again !!! Super work
    Just have a couple of questions ...... 1) Will my VODAFONE SIM work ?? 2) After all the procedures I finally manage to get it to work ..... would I have to unlock again with a different SIM card ??
    Please let me know & appreciate all your help like always
    Warm regards,
    Adit.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post

    (Make sure both the folder anySim.app and the file inside that folder named anysim are chomodded to 0755)

    Make sure the directory anySim.app and the FILE named "anysim" inside the directory are chmodded to 0755!!
    [*]Set permissions to 0755 to the three files
    how do I chommodded the file to 0755? or how do I set permissions?

  7. #6
    Hey ReVan - thanks for the guide! I've got a question though, after following these steps my iPhone just sorta slowed down, it takes forever for the phone to turn on, and even pressing any of the apps, it takes forever for them to open up. Even just pressing the Home button, it takes almost twenty to thirty seconds to get there, usually with the background picture showing. Any help with this? Anyone else seen this problem?

    Thanks,

    kokanee

    Quote Originally Posted by paulomb View Post
    how do I chommodded the file to 0755? or how do I set permissions?
    While in WinSCP, select the file, right-click and go to Properties, you'll see at the bottom where you can change the permissions.

    kokanee
    Last edited by kokanee; 2007-10-24 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to kokanee For This Useful Post:

    paulomb (2007-10-24)

  9. #7
    well how about them apples? ReVan you own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    do any of the options in Settings > General > Reset affect the unlock?
    Last edited by hernz; 2007-10-24 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #8
    raven if I followed your tutorial (the last one in your sig to downgrade and unlock but started with a virgin fw1.1.1) do I need to virginize my phone or not if not where exactly in this this tutorial would I begin.
    Edit
    your tutorial now suggests to use anysim1.1.p but i had done it when you had suggested to use erica's app.
    thanks for all the hard work you are putting in I am trying to do a lot of reading, but at the same time as a noob it is overwhelming and confusing what can/can't be updated w/o bricking. I understand anysim1.1/iunlock will brick if not virginized first bit have not found the answer from anybody about what to do with using ericas app
    again THANKS!
    edit II
    found the answer everyone who has my question the answer is YES the phone will have to be revirginized.
    Last edited by murtnabila; 2007-10-24 at 02:26 PM. Reason: found answer

  11. #9
    when i trying to open http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ , its redirect me to www.toc2rta.com main site and don't crash safari.

    Please help what should i do ????

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nyasa View Post
    when i trying to open http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ , its redirect me to www.toc2rta.com main site and don't crash safari.

    Please help what should i do ????
    Same here, and its taken me most of the day to downgrade back to 1.02 and get everything running again.

    Is there another URL we can use? or is this one down for some reason?? or perhaps Apple have fixed the tiff exploit and uploaded it as 1.1.1 firmware without telling us.....

  13. #11
    I got this from Hackint0sh - you can try: http://jailbreak.kengz.com
    Don't know it'll work or not though - replace http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/

    Hope this helps!

    kokanee

  14. #12
    what if i just jailbrake using itouchfree and then run anysim 1.1? would this work? I dont care messing with the baseband for future updates, just want my phone working now with another carrier (not AT&T)

    on a out of the box 1.1.1

    you can try this guide, seems to have a succes rate. im gonna try this myself tomorrow on a new 1.1.1

    http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...ows-15342.html
    Last edited by paulomb; 2007-10-25 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #13
    ughh nevermind, i figured it out...

    i was putting it in the wrong folder xD. dumb me.
    Last edited by kevvstarr; 2007-10-25 at 04:01 AM.

  16. #14
    Hi Revan,
    I have done the jailbreaking thingee on a brand new out of box V1.1.1. Now my problem is I cannot get WinSCP to connect to my iPhone because I am getting errors like "connection refused" & "connection time out"
    Is there any other way of doing the activation/unlock without WinSCP. I want to get this unlocked and activated urgently please.
    Thanks & warm regards,
    Adit.

  17. #15
    iPhoneaholic ReVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BOOTLOADER
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 526 Times in 109 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tientoan View Post
    it's a great instruction here...

    really appreciate that

    anyway, i just wanna ask whether there is a way to fix a bricked iphone.. like virginization or ..... ???

    Plus, u said must have the SIM inside always.. u mean AT&T SIM or my own SIM..

    tony
    iPhone Elite team has removed a brilliant 100% working REVIRGINISER tool, which will fix your corrupt seczone and restore the baseband (Use this on v1.0.2) After doing this upgrade the v1.1.1 and follow the above guide.

    You can have ANY SIM card, regardless of AT&T or your own.

    Quote Originally Posted by adit555 View Post
    Hi again Revan,
    Thanks a lot for the lovely guide once again !!! Super work
    Just have a couple of questions ...... 1) Will my VODAFONE SIM work ?? 2) After all the procedures I finally manage to get it to work ..... would I have to unlock again with a different SIM card ??
    Please let me know & appreciate all your help like always
    Warm regards,
    Adit.
    Yes, Vodafone or any other SIM will work. You won't need another unlock if you swap another SIM CARD.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulomb View Post
    how do I chommodded the file to 0755? or how do I set permissions?
    In WINSCP, right-mouse click on the file or folder and goto Properties.

    Quote Originally Posted by adit555 View Post
    Hi Revan,
    I have done the jailbreaking thingee on a brand new out of box V1.1.1. Now my problem is I cannot get WinSCP to connect to my iPhone because I am getting errors like "connection refused" & "connection time out"
    Is there any other way of doing the activation/unlock without WinSCP. I want to get this unlocked and activated urgently please.
    Thanks & warm regards,
    Adit.
    Install OpenSSH via Installer and also check what IP is your WiFi using, use the username: root & password: dottie.

  18. #16
    What's Jailbreak? dubaimobiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates www.dubai-mobiles.net
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cool iphone unlocking *#307#
    Hello ReVan

    I started following your guide but got stuck in the first phase itself.

    I Slided on the Activate iphone screen and then pressed *#307# the phone starts to ring but there is no ANSWER key.

    Please help me with this.

    Regards
    http://www.dubai-mobiles.net

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dubaimobiles View Post
    Hello ReVan

    I started following your guide but got stuck in the first phase itself.

    I Slided on the Activate iphone screen and then pressed *#307# the phone starts to ring but there is no ANSWER key.

    Please help me with this.

    Regards
    http://www.dubai-mobiles.net
    After Dailing *#307#, clear the this number and dial 1 , you will get answer key
    Last edited by nyasa; 2007-10-25 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #18
    Default TRying to unlock stuck at phase 2
    Hi

    I have i new iphone 1.1.1

    Im trying to unlock my iphone from the this forum, im on phase 2 of the guide, and using touchfree after the reboot my phones not flashing and showing no springboard just 'incorrect sim', could some please help please!!!

    Also do you think it could be the link to the jailbreak link?

    And i cant seem to do phase 1 again...

    Thankksss

  21. #19
    Retired Moderator jedinight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    c.s. texas
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 113 Times in 89 Posts

    try touch free alpha.exe and make sure you have your .net installed on computer

  22. #20
    thats what i have been trying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •