Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can you use transmit or cyberduck to install apps on 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default can you use transmit or cyberduck to install apps on 1.1.1
    can you just use either of those tools to get something like apptapp or summerboard or even anysim to get the app onto the iphone?

I have a similar question. As per the README for touchfree I have Putty. I have zero experience with SSH, I don't even know the login & password for the iPhone...much less the command lines. If anyone could point us in the right direction for a tutorial it would be much appreciated.

bootleg is looking to get apps on the phone, I'm trying to transfer files like Summerboard themes & NES ROMs.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

First off, the username and pass are root and dottie.

To install an app with SSH programs, simply drag the app into the applications folder. Same goes with Summerboard themes and NES roms. Drag summerboard themes into var/root/media/NES/ROMs I believe, and summerboard themes into var/root/media/summerboard/themes.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Quote Originally Posted by chancre_scolex View Post
    First off, the username and pass are root and dottie.

To install an app with SSH programs, simply drag the app into the applications folder. Same goes with Summerboard themes and NES roms. Drag summerboard themes into var/root/media/NES/ROMs I believe, and summerboard themes into var/root/media/summerboard/themes.
    Well, looks like my username/pass were root & alpine.

What is a drag and drop client I can use? The recommended "putty" application is command line, not only that, my permission is denied to the directories I need. Any ideas?

Use this: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

That will transfer files. Um, about permission denied, it shouldn't be unless you haven't jailbroken your device yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to agentfubu For This Useful Post:

sftl99 (2007-10-22)

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    Use this: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

That will transfer files. Um, about permission denied, it shouldn't be unless you haven't jailbroken your device yet.
    Thank you tremendously! That worked like a charm!