Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard 3.0a11 on a 1.1.1 phone?!

Default SummerBoard 3.0a11 on a 1.1.1 phone?!
    Must be FW 1.1.1 on a 1.1.1 phone?!

Ok so I appologize if you covered this somewhere else but I cant find it. I purchased my phone lastnight and today (after slamming my head for 2 hours) got the phone modded to 1.1.1 using the guides on this site.

I tried to install 3.0a11 of suumerboard and got an error "Firmware 1.1.1 is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

So I tried 2.11 but I get an error "Firmware 1.0.x is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

Itunes has the software version of my phone as 1.1.1 and the build: 3A109a

My phone simply has Version 111 (3A109a) model MA712LL

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Eric

summerboard crashes like crazy. I would avoid installing the new one until its more stable.

yeah, i agree. my apps are crashing now more than ever. granted, a quick restart will fix it for a while... it's still VERY annoying.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

that is an odd problem, you may want to just wait for the patch or downgrade. I use the new summerboard 3 and have 0 problems. programs crash, but it always have. nothing new.

ps. this is forum is for new apps, not app questions. its being moved.

Quote Originally Posted by originalg00ksta View Post
    Must be FW 1.1.1 on a 1.1.1 phone?!

Ok so I appologize if you covered this somewhere else but I cant find it. I purchased my phone lastnight and today (after slamming my head for 2 hours) got the phone modded to 1.1.1 using the guides on this site.

I tried to install 3.0a11 of suumerboard and got an error "Firmware 1.1.1 is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

So I tried 2.11 but I get an error "Firmware 1.0.x is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

Itunes has the software version of my phone as 1.1.1 and the build: 3A109a

My phone simply has Version 111 (3A109a) model MA712LL

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Im having the exact same problem as you! Just updated to 1.1.1, and now I cant install summerboard.

I've followed same procedure and have used Summerboard 3 on 1.1.1. However, I did just remove it due to all the crashes.

Mine is working fine - 3.0a11 on 1.1.1 - My problem now is htat I cannot load some of the themes in Installer 3. Most say they are not seeing summerboard. Not all of them, but some. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Thanks

Did you install Summerboard using Installer?

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Did you install Summerboard using Installer?

Yes, I did.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You must upgrade installer to 3.0b in order to install summerboard 3.0a11. I had that problem before, it got fixed after upgrade installer.

My 1.1.1 does crash very often mostly program exit by itself. But I did not reset the phone, instead the summerboard will restart himself. Once summerboard restart, phone is working. And the same will happen later again. Therefore, I believe the summerboard is not completely compatible with 1.1.1 yet.

I am trying a suggestion from another forum that turning off Dim Wallpaper greatly increases SummerBoard stability.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2007-10-25)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    I am trying a suggestion from another forum that turning off Dim Wallpaper greatly increases SummerBoard stability.

Thanks, this fixed the same issue for me!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i'm having the exact same problem with installer 3.0b4

i'm having the exact same problem with installer 3.0b4
    I had this problem too, I found a fix but I would love someone with more BSD knowledge to make this easier. The problem is that the installer is an older version (mine was 2.6) but it's listed as version 3.0b4. Since the installer is listed as the newest version, it won't let you update it. Summerboard needs you to be running version 3.0b or better of installer.app for it to install.

You have to edit the LocalPackages.plist file in the /var/root/Library/Installer directory. I'm a Linux/BSD noob so I don't know how to do it over SSH, but I do know how to instruct you to do it using the phone with the following steps:

1. Install mobilefinder and mobiletext edit from the Productivity category in the installer app
    2. Using Finder hit the ~ button and then it should list Library as one of the folders
    3. Click into Library and then into Installer directory.
    4. One of the files in that directory will be LocalPackages.plist. Highlight it then hit modify.
    5. In the modfiy screen there will be an option "Open With >". Choose TextEdit.app from the list.
    6. Towards the middle of this file there will be some entries for Installer.app (looking something like <string>Installer.app</string> Below this you will find <string>3.0b4</string>
    7. Change this line to <string>2.6</string> and save
    8. Exit and reboot your phone.
    9. Go into the installer app and it should prompt you to update the installer to the newest version.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sirjustin1 For This Useful Post:

watergun (2007-10-26)

summerboard was preventing me from gaining wifi access completely! I opened summerboard, turned off every one of its features, which restarted my iPhone, and upon restarting and loading again, I had wifi access again!

AVOID INSTALLING THIS APP UNTIL THEY PATCH/UPGRADE IT IF ITS NOT TOO LATE!

I've been running fine with 1.1.1 and the newest version of Summerboard. Just make sure that the dim wallpaper setting in Summerboard is disabled.

Smile summerboard install fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin1 View Post
    I had this problem too, I found a fix but I would love someone with more BSD knowledge to make this easier. The problem is that the installer is an older version (mine was 2.6) but it's listed as version 3.0b4. Since the installer is listed as the newest version, it won't let you update it. Summerboard needs you to be running version 3.0b or better of installer.app for it to install.

You have to edit the LocalPackages.plist file in the /var/root/Library/Installer directory. I'm a Linux/BSD noob so I don't know how to do it over SSH, but I do know how to instruct you to do it using the phone with the following steps:

1. Install mobilefinder and mobiletext edit from the Productivity category in the installer app
    2. Using Finder hit the ~ button and then it should list Library as one of the folders
    3. Click into Library and then into Installer directory.
    4. One of the files in that directory will be LocalPackages.plist. Highlight it then hit modify.
    5. In the modfiy screen there will be an option "Open With >". Choose TextEdit.app from the list.
    6. Towards the middle of this file there will be some entries for Installer.app (looking something like <string>Installer.app</string> Below this you will find <string>3.0b4</string>
    7. Change this line to <string>2.6</string> and save
    8. Exit and reboot your phone.
    9. Go into the installer app and it should prompt you to update the installer to the newest version.
    I was having the same problem with summerboard giving me the error about needing 1.1.1 even though I had it, after doing what u suggested it still didn't work. So for kicks I decided not to do the update to 3.0b4 and just left it 2.6, I cancelled the update when asked, and summerboard installed without a problem. Don't know y this works but a few other apps that complained also installed ok. Only left over is u have to cancel the update every so often. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Default Interesting situation...
    I'd like to share my own experience with you since this thread (seems to) helped me with constant crashes...

I installed SummerBoard and, after some playing arround, turned on Wallpaper dimming feature (I didn't even like it, but forgot to turn it off and got used to it).

When my phone started crashing constantly I suspected that it has to do with SummerBoard and I uninstalled it... Again, haven't payed attention to wallpaper which remained dimmed even after I uninstalled SummerBoard.

I was desperate couple of days... Until I found this post.

I installed SummerBoard and turned wallpaper dimming off.

So, it seems it's not the problem with SummerBoard, but only the dimmed wallpaper feature itself.