Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to install customize with 1.1.4/ Modify SMS Tone

Default How to install customize with 1.1.4/ Modify SMS Tone
    Hi,

I just bought my iphone a couple of days ago. It was unlocked using iliberty and it's currently on 1.1.4. I've been hearing alot of things about this forums and most of my friends recommended me here. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have two problems.

1.) I wanted to try uploading battery themes by following the steps in this link. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25120
    however, it seems like i would need to have customize installed. I tried installing customize using installer but I'm getting an error that it does not support my FW.

2.) I also wanted to change my Ring/SMS alert tone but I don't know how to. I read that Ringtone can be done using itunes but what format do I need to convert my MP3?

I hope someone could provide me a step-by-step procedure in doing these things.
    I'm also using Windows XP.

to set the sms tone, you change the tone in customize, and set your original sms tone to tri tone. thats what seems to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    to set the sms tone, you change the tone in customize, and set your original sms tone to tri tone. thats what seems to work for me
    any idea on how to install customize in 1.1.4?

Ive cutted and copied this post read it, its perfect to change the format into the right one:

Here's how to get ringtones onto your iPhone if you have a Mac without hacking the iphone!
    How to make ringtones with iTunes 7.6 and iPhone 1.1.3.

Apple has stopped allowing mp3s to work with iPhone ringtones. Also, ringtones need to be "short" (< 30sec? make 29 secs or less in iTunes)

How To:

1) Copy out songs or files to a folder and open them with QuickTime player.
    2) Shorten them to 29 seconds
    3) Export them to AIFF format
    4) Import aiff files into iTunes.
    5) Convert them to AAC format.
    6) Copy aac files out to folder. They will have .m4a extension.
    7) Change their m4a extension to m4r
    8) Delete the original aac files from iTunes
    9) Empty the trash
    10) Drag the m4r files onto iTunes. They should appear into ringtones area and get put onto phone next sync.

Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post
    any idea on how to install customize in 1.1.4?
    install the compatibility patch, then install the custom customize from skylar

wats a compatibility pack

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want Customize 1.21(modded) use this source
    http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

If you want Customize 1.22 use this source
    http://danimator.techdocrx.com/testrepo.xml