Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting a speed dial app onto my phone

Default Getting a speed dial app onto my phone
    I'm new to this whole phone mod thing. I was playing around with placing a speed dial app onto my phone. I have the app ready but I don't know how to put it onto the phone.

What would be the simplest way to put it on there? I have a mac. My Phone has installer on it and I have a few apps on it already.

why not use the "favorites" thats already in the phone??

Just trying to save that one extra click is all.

So...

How do I get an .app on my phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you have it modded already, you should be able to use WinSCP to get into your phone and place the app in the /Applications folder. What do you mean by speed dial app btw?
    iPhone, uPhone we all phone for iPhone.

By speed dial app I mean an icon on my springboard that would act as a speed dial. Yes I know, I'm only saving on click (or double click).

Something like this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7048

I've learned how to ssh using the wiki available here, awesome job whoever did it. Is that the easiest way?

Quote Originally Posted by ricmac25 View Post
    I'm new to this whole phone mod thing. I was playing around with placing a speed dial app onto my phone. I have the app ready but I don't know how to put it onto the phone.

What would be the simplest way to put it on there? I have a mac. My Phone has installer on it and I have a few apps on it already.
    Assuming you have SSH installed, can just SFTP in, navigate to the applications folder, and drop the new application in the folder. On my Mac, I use Interarchy for SFTP, but many folks recommend Cyberduck. If you setup a bookmark for your phone, it's just a double-click away (or in my case, a couple of clicks more, since I turn off SSH using Services to conserve battery power). BTW, I've created a bunch of these pseudo-apps including speed dial, they rock!