Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 1.13 Jacked Phone :: Help!

Default Customize 1.13 Jacked Phone :: Help!
    I just did a fresh update up to 1.1.1 yesterday and ran touchfree on it. It all worked like a charm. I started installing apps...again...like a charm.

My only issue is that Customize 1.13 wouldn't arrange my icons the way I told it to. I restarted the phone, tried other things with Customize...nothing.

Finally I went into settings and clicked "Restore To Backup". Then still nothing on the springboard changed, but in rSBT the icons were totally whack. I didn't save or anything, just exited back to springboard. I figured maybe I needed to restart the springboard so I did so in Summerboard. OOPS!!!

Now I have a completely blank screen with "iPod" at the top left, no signal, no icons, nothing.

What happened? Is there any way to fix without a restore???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sftl99 For This Useful Post:

kuya2u (2007-10-23)

Did you try powering down and back up again? (holding top right until the slide to power off comes up..)

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Did you try powering down and back up again? (holding top right until the slide to power off comes up..)
    yes, of course. I ended up restoring

I sure wish someone would have mentioned that Customize doesn't work too well with 1.1.1..... oh wait... I did!

Sorry for your troubles....

For future reference, if you still have SSH access (or iPHUC) you can replace the M68AP.plist file in:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and restart your phone. That would save you from restoring.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-20 at 10:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not trying to threadjack, but my problem is that i have customize 1.13 and when i try to access it, it just shuts down... what can i do to fix? i have 1.0.2 firmware. please help!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I sure wish someone would have mentioned that Customize doesn't work too well with 1.1.1..... oh wait... I did!

For future reference, if you still have SSH access (or iPHUC) you can replace the M68AP.plist file in:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and restart your phone. That would save you from restoring.
    Replace that file with what? Just a blank text file with the same name?

Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I did exactly what the OP did so I'm currently stuck with essentially an iPod touch with no icons. I just want to have a gameplan to get this fixed immediately when I get home from work.

Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, i decided to just copy M68AP.plist.old over M68AP.plist and restarting the
    phone... That worked! :-)
    Last edited by berfsicle; 2007-10-22 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Fixed problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kuya2u View Post
    not trying to threadjack, but my problem is that i have customize 1.13 and when i try to access it, it just shuts down... what can i do to fix? i have 1.0.2 firmware. please help!
    You have to restart customize a couple time (3 i think) and it seems to work the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post

Sorry, I looked harder once I posted and found a couple of other people who had the same issue. The SSH idea is interesting, but I now need to search for instructions on how to use SSH. I used iBrickr on 1.0.2 and used the 1-click touchfree for 1.1.1 so I have no idea how to do manual stuff. If you or someone else knows of a tutorial thread, could you point me in the right direction?

I've already restored and I'm just not using Customize yet, but I still need SSH for things like Summerboard themes, NES ROMS, etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    You have to restart customize a couple time (3 i think) and it seems to work the third time.
    tried that and still same problem

Quote Originally Posted by kuya2u View Post
    tried that and still same problem
    Keep restarting til it does. It can take quite a few times, but once it opens it will work everytime after.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamunda View Post
    Keep restarting til it does. It can take quite a few times, but once it opens it will work everytime after.
    i openning it through mobile finder... does that matter? should i try to open it through ilauncher?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So i'm having the same Customize crash problem, and i have restarted upwards of 30 times. Even more strange, I'm having the same "open and crash back to springboard" problem with: MobileMoney, iPowerHour, Tetrominos, BeatPhone, iFlickr, FiveDice.... well basically all the apps i try to install besides things like Services, OpenSSH, BSD Subsystem seems to be working fine. Now, I'm not positive when this problem started, but i know that at first almost all these programs worked. I may end up having to do a restore, but i thought i would see if anyone might be able to diagnose the problem through past experience. It would be great to not have to restore my phone...again...but if i had to does anyone have a suggestion as to how much i should start over? Should i restore back to 1.1.1 and start the whole jailbreak process again? I mean, i've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling just about every program besides installer and summerboard... any help would be amazingly, well, helpful :-D

Default Restart 3 times worked for me...
    I restarted the iPhone, and Customize still wouldn't load. Started to get worried... Saw this thread, closed and opened Customize a couple more times and it worked!! Thanks!
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

I got it to work with three restarts as well. The problem I am having now is that the order I set in rSBT doesn't seem to work (as the first poster also found). I have not seen a solution to this problem. Can anyone let us know whether or not there is a workaround?

yeah customize is acting pretty lame for 1.1.1 right now. Everything crashes hardcore, the worst is when you are typing a long email or SMS.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

I think the icon ordering issue is really a Summerboard issue. If you look at the plist file, it is sorted correctly - yet Summerboard "randomly" places anything in the thirdParty section (any icons above the main board count setting - 16 or what have you...).

Default rSBT is not ordering correctly
    I agree, the order does not work for me either. The phone keypad also does not change for me. I have not had anything crash yet. Custom sounds seem to be working too. I'm still testing. I'm making another tutorial video that I will post here once I edit it. It is the installation and functionality of Customize on 1.1.1.
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ihave tried every suggestion on here ans still nothing... Guess I'll have to wait for the next update.

do you have BSD system installed from installers???
    if no please install that and that may help your 1.1.1 run customizer 1.13.
    That did the trick for me....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sorry for the noob question, but I downloaded customize 1.13 but do not know where to add it, using cyber duck...any help would be appreciated.!!
    Last edited by trilogy069; 2007-10-28 at 07:11 AM.