Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer/Summerboard problem in 1.1.1

Default Installer/Summerboard problem in 1.1.1
    I recently upgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 following the wiki guides step by step. After I installed the BSD 2.0 and 2.1 from SCP, the Installer.app icon appered on the home screen. I then noticed that all of my old apps from my 1.0.2 firmware were still there (under the uninstall section).

So I decided to uninstall all of them with one exception; installer since I didn't want to lose the app itself. I tried to download Summerboard version 3.0a11 through installer and it gave me the message "Firmware 1.1.1 is required for the version of Summerboard." How is it possible for me to install Summerboard?

I have tried to search for this problem on the forum and couldn't find an answer. Could someone please help me out?

Same problem here..

If you had summerboard installed on your 1.0.2 phone I suspect that a previous version of SB is lingering on your phone.

Check for folders or files in the following directories. They shouldn't be there if you don't have SB installed:

/Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework
    /Applications/SMBPrefs.app
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Also check the following file
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    should be similar to attachment 1. It is the plist file prior to me installing SB. The second attachment is the plist file after I installed SB. Note that I added the txt extension to the files only to attach them to this post. Replace your file with my first attachment if you need to.

Hey this is all an educated guess. I recently deleted these directories myself but for a different reason. I had originally installed SB myself because the installer version was not compatible with 1.1.1. Now that it is, I wanted to be able to manage the updates thru installer. Which for some reason was not recognizing I had SB installed. Good Luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files