Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWBIE questions

Default NEWBIE questions
    Alright, title is a warning that you will probably get some simple questions. I am not fluent in computer jargin so the iPhone modding process has me second guessing left and right so I am looking for answers.

#1 - I modded my iPhone, sweet. What are some apps you guys recommend that are fun. And I saw a video on youtube that involved popping popcorn and doing other fun stuff, where are the things like that?

#2 - I have the NES emulator but where do I get the games for it?

#3 - What are things like IRC clients?

I guess any other info that would steer me into taking advantage of my modded iPhone would be sweet, so let's here it pros, school me the newb with the skinny on the tricks/tips and secrets of the modded iPhone,

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool apps are totally up to your definition of cool, my wife and I think we have the coolest apps out there, but we have very few similar apps. You didnt hear this from me, but there is a website out there with pretty much every game ever made, just search 'theoldcomputer' in google, you'll find it. Other than that, just read the app descriptions to see if you would like them, then download and find out. Good luck!
    iPhone, uPhone we all phone for iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man View Post
    Alright, title is a warning that you will probably get some simple questions. I am not fluent in computer jargin so the iPhone modding process has me second guessing left and right so I am looking for answers.

#1 - I modded my iPhone, sweet. What are some apps you guys recommend that are fun. And I saw a video on youtube that involved popping popcorn and doing other fun stuff, where are the things like that?

#2 - I have the NES emulator but where do I get the games for it?

#3 - What are things like IRC clients?

I guess any other info that would steer me into taking advantage of my modded iPhone would be sweet, so let's here it pros, school me the newb with the skinny on the tricks/tips and secrets of the modded iPhone,
    2. Click this link on mobile safari - http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo.repo.plist
    This will add a source to your installer that has a nice bunch of NES games called Bigboss' NES Roms pack. Just make sure you own the original
    software!

You might have to install PXLMobileSafariPlugin-1.0.pxl from ibrickr if you haven't already to enable that link to work.

3. Don't use IRC on the iphone unless you've used IRC on a PC or MAC. They're chat clients, mainly for techies.
    Last edited by redcard; 2007-10-18 at 01:00 PM.