Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Dev] SMS lock in the making...

Default [Dev] SMS lock in the making...
    Hello hackint0sh users,

I have already made a post on this but it wasnt very clear.

Well today im making a much clearer post about the sms lock i am making for my iphone, i have read about another post on the sms lock and the guy thats doing it has no Obj-c experience and his application looks very complicated for any junior developer to make.

Well first of all you are going to have to hide your current sms logo because the application i make is going to have the same sms logo like this one:

and is going to have the name "SMS" on it so will look exactly the same as your current SMS.app

now i had planned to make a preview of what the program was going to look like when you opend up the locked sms.app but since the apple store took my laptop away for repair i cant do that bit, but its going to be a fairly simple design. (screenshots soon)

and basicly what happens is the locked SMS.app is a just a program with those features and then when the correct passkey it entered it re-directs you to another application, aka the sms application.

so one i have built the first application, the sms lock. i can create locks for every other application, aka ipod, photos and safari, or something like that.

Thanks for reading
    Mitch

Ps: since the apple store still have my MacBook i cannot start developing this application yet

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

um this is mod my ifone not hackintosh
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    um this is mod my ifone not hackintosh
    the original post was probably on hackintosh.

to OP, this is awesome. will the iphone still display text on the screen when they are received ?

I want the lock on mail.app too
    'coz I got like monthly bills and stuff that I don't want people to see

soda

Quote Originally Posted by madrog View Post
    the original post was probably on hackintosh.

to OP, this is awesome. will the iphone still display text on the screen when they are received ?
    not sure about that one, but could include that feature in future updates

lol I was actually thinking the other day about a solution like this...but I have no programming skills whatsoever. I really look forward to this being released...as I would love to be able to lock the sms app, photo app, and also the mail app now that someone brought it up.

For hiding the sms preview though the only ways I know how to do that is via setting a lock key on the phone (and then setting it to hide sms previews), or with an app like catapillar. Personally I'm not too worried about that atm, moreso I hate giving my phone to friends since the first thing any of them do is go through my contact pics and my sms history (so rather than saying "oh cool this phone has blackjack", they say "so who is xxx in this sms anyways"...lol)

One question though...for apps like sms and mail, will they still display the bubble icons when new messages arrive? (since it would have to appear on the lock icon now instead) If not, no big deal I have taskbar notifier anyhow, but it would be nice to keep those red bubbles as well.

Lol, you should at least change the dear hackint0sh users! Cmon! Lol. Hey, have you gotten it to stop crashing yet?

P.S. I know him from Hackint0sh

dooo it now!!!

Awesome idea, release it when you want, you have one sure download!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmoxo View Post
    Ps: since the apple store still have my MacBook i cannot start developing this application yet
    My favorite part.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    My favorite part.
    hahaha same here, but i think this is gonna be a great app!! no more noisy people especially my gf lol but i dont mind, i will donate to this app!

I've been trying to look for a sms lock for the longest time.
    I would deffinadly donate
    Iphone 16gb; on ROGERS
    Windows xp

soo when are you gunna get your mac book back? and how long will it take once you do get it back to release the app?