Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.0 on 1.1.4 Wont Open...

Default Customize 2.0 on 1.1.4 Wont Open...
    I upgraded to 1.1.4 w/ iLiberty, got the new customize, but all I can do is see the spicy chicken logo, and it goes back to the home screen.. Anything I need to download to let it work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

No, just keep trying. Sometimes it's buggy, it is a Beta program. Try tapping on the spicy chicken logo many times, that sometimes works

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Seriously? I tried....It wont work.... lol over and over same thing

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I was having issues with mine loading the spicy chicken screen, hanging, then crashing back to springboard. But lately it's been working perfectly. The app is like installer, it requires data connection and runs off a server. It's totally different from the old customize.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Custumize is like that sometimes re-install

damn, I have reinstalled, still getting that error...

Is was crashing at the chicken screen for me too, until I installed the latest update.

What source is the beta coming from? I don't see it in installer.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

its invite only as far as i know, still waiting on release
    if this post help click the thanks

those of you having this problem try installing suid lib fix and if you have it installed uninstall suid lib fix and reinstall it. Worked for me on the 3 phones I tried it on. Good luck and I hope it helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tundra For This Useful Post:

dirtbmxer (2008-05-03)

Someone in another thread said they saw it on installer?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

You need this source to install 2.0b3 (http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml)

I upgraded to v2.0.0 Beta 3 today. When I launch the program, it says, "Initializing Customize". After that goes away, I get a pop-up message:

Server Unavailable
    Customize was unable to access the theme server. Either the server was unavailable or you have not yet registered your iPhone.

Beta 2 was working okay, but this version doesn't allow me to do anything after I close that pop-up message.

I ended up finding the source and installed it. It opens fine for me but I also get the server unailable message. I've tried registering at the customize site but it won't let me for some reason. Everytime I put in my info it takes forever and then IE says that the site is unavalable.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Hey Guys, if you want to use Customize 2.0 BETA from any of the sources, you need to register your iPhone with the SN on http://customizeapp.com/
    And you must have internetconnection while using Customize

it appears the suid lib fix fixes the crashing error. As far as customize not working properly after fully loading is most likely because there server is getting hit way to hard. Remember it just became public like 2 days ago. During my testing with the alpha release there weren't many connection issues. Just a heads up for those that didnt know.

the suid fix works!!! thanks

i installed caterpillar and change the font and for there i had to do a restore, my touch feature on my screen was not working.

where is the Squid Lib fix??

I only see SQUID on installer...

beautiful tundra i love you in the most non gay way because i have been searching and searching for the way to get customize to work and thanks to you and telling me to install the suid its work. a thanks going your way

what settings do i change when using this? i have summerboard installed aswell? e.g. change theme to "customize" in summerboard but still the lock page wont change to anything i choose in cusomize

Quote Originally Posted by shik1 View Post
    what settings do i change when using this? i have summerboard installed aswell? e.g. change theme to "customize" in summerboard but still the lock page wont change to anything i choose in cusomize
    just go into the sumerboard options in customize and turn sumerboard off. reset your phone and your golden.