Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard alpha w/1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question Summerboard alpha w/1.1.1
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Summerboard alpha causes massive instability with all applications, to the point where it's not even worth using the phone. Safari, Mail, etc. crash like almost every time you use them.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have removed Summerboard and everything is super super fast and all apps run wonderfully, whether by Apple or not.

This might be obvious since it is an "alpha" version but I still thought I'd sk to find out if it's just me or something someone else did?

Also if someone knows when the new version of SMB will be out?

Personally with 1.1.1 having it's own app-pagination I can live without SMB, the phone runs a billion times faster.. this might be due to 1.1.1 being much better than 1.0.2 or it might simply be that SMB slowed it down a bit.

I am the kind of person who would sacrifice almost every amount of prettiness in order to squeeze out the MAX performance from something.
    <madrussian> in russia, you dont remove installer.app, it removes you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hillie View Post
    I am the kind of person who would sacrifice almost every amount of prettiness in order to squeeze out the MAX performance from something.
    Did you strip your car to make it go 1mph faster?
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Thanks

No, I have summerboard alpha working and have not noticed an performance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by hillie View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Summerboard alpha causes massive instability with all applications, to the point where it's not even worth using the phone. Safari, Mail, etc. crash like almost every time you use them.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have removed Summerboard and everything is super super fast and all apps run wonderfully, whether by Apple or not.

This might be obvious since it is an "alpha" version but I still thought I'd sk to find out if it's just me or something someone else did?

Also if someone knows when the new version of SMB will be out?

Personally with 1.1.1 having it's own app-pagination I can live without SMB, the phone runs a billion times faster.. this might be due to 1.1.1 being much better than 1.0.2 or it might simply be that SMB slowed it down a bit.

Yeah I noticed this after I had SMB 1.1.1 alpha for a day. Talk about terrible, I was lucky to even get apps open sometimes. I really wish the 1 click jailbreak for 1.1.1 dident auto install this crap.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice....my iphone runs alot better and customize works alot better for some reason...